• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I want --- to be implemented topic

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’m not sure this fits with this thread, but I also don’t think it needs its own topic either! Does anyone else have this issue with what I assume is embedded Facebook posts? I just get a blank screen when other members embed FB content. Is it me, or the forum causing this? Anyone know?

19C403F0-23C1-404B-898B-4415BC9D9C54.jpeg

I’m not sure this fits with this thread, but I also don’t think it needs its own topic either! Does anyone else have this issue with what I assume is embedded Facebook posts? I just get a blank screen when other members embed FB content. Is it me, or the forum causing this? Anyone know?

19C403F0-23C1-404B-898B-4415BC9D9C54.jpeg
Seems to be working fine for me, might need a bit more info to try and replicate it:

What browser and OS are you using and are you logged into Facebook/have the Facebook apps on your phone? Do you have any ad blockers installed? If you go to Drayton’s Facebook page and you copy a post and embed it yourself does it show?

Seems to be working fine for me? What browser and OS are you using and are you logged into Facebook/have the Facebook apps on your phone? Do you have any ad blockers installed? If you go to Drayton’s Facebook page and you copy a post and embed it yourself does it show?

I don’t have Facebook on my phone so I suspect that answers that. I’m pretty sure that in the past that embedded content has still shown up though, it is only stopped working recently.

I am using Safari iOS 15.5

Yeah we’ve seen a few issue with embeds from Facebook in the past. Sometimes, even just going to Facebook.com in the browser and setting your cookie preferences can force it to update your cache and cookies, which in turn can fix embed issues. We saw this recently with our own Facebook feed on the homepage not displaying correctly. Might be worth giving this a try :)

I am almost certain this will be browser settings.

I'm on Firefox and have my browser setup so that Meta can't track me around the internet, and the forum behaves the same way for me for both Facebook and Instagram embeds.

I get the exact same issue as @AT86 on my phone (iPhone, iOS 15.5) using the forum app. I have the Facebook app installed and no additional blockers or weird and wonderful apps.

I’ll have a look at the cookie settings and see if that works. I’ve never known Facebook posts to ever embed on TST on my phone however.

Just noticed that all the entries on the list of past meetups after the July 2013 North Meet link to 404 error pages, I guess those links don't need to exist now we've changed the reservation system (unless the old pages can be resurrected).

Just noticed that all the entries on the list of past meetups after the July 2013 North Meet link to 404 error pages, I guess those links don't need to exist now we've changed the reservation system (unless the old pages can be resurrected).
This should be fixed now. Got some page edits to do to remove the old who's going list tags which'll be done in the coming days :)

Out of interest, why is it that Facebook posts now have trouble embedding? When getting URLs off of Facebook and putting them into the “media” section, it acknowledges that I’ve put a Facebook post in, but it comes up with “this post is unavailable”, regardless of the post I’m embedding.
EDIT: Whoops, just realised that I may have put this in the wrong topic… sorry, mods.

Out of interest, why is it that Facebook posts now have trouble embedding? When getting URLs off of Facebook and putting them into the “media” section, it acknowledges that I’ve put a Facebook post in, but it comes up with “this post is unavailable”, regardless of the post I’m embedding.
EDIT: Whoops, just realised that I may have put this in the wrong topic… sorry, mods.
Facebook is crap for embedding basically, and they're constantly amending the way their URLs are formatted which causes problems. For the time being, if you copy the URL from the photo rather than the post (I've edited your post to do this already) that will sort it temporarily. You're looking for a URL that contains /photo/ rather than /post/ - they'll work fine.

I would just remove the Facebook embed option altogether, but annoyingly this would stop everything that's been embedded in the past from working too! So for the time being, just hang fire for the update and use the above workaround.

Christ you're keen 😂. Providing it lasts the day we'll likely switch it this evening.
I'd probably give it a couple of days, given how long it's been closed. Otherwise the minute you change the page it'll close again. :tearsofjoy:

Just as a bit of an update on this, Facebook embeds should now work - at least for the time being until they change it again! You should've also noticed in recent weeks that there's now a static link to all embedded content, just in case any stop working in future :).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.