• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I want --- to be implemented topic

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Unless I've missed something I'd like to be able to mark entire sub forums (such as guest services) read.

Unless I've missed something I'd like to be able to mark entire sub forums (such as guest services) read.
You can! If you go to the sub forum, and then click on the settings icon on the top right above the thread listings there will be an option for "Mark read". This will mark only that sub forum as read.

Would a separate sub forum for the increasing number of slightly more…. ‘niche’ topics be a possibility? I am by no means discrediting these, it just seems they don’t necessarily quite fit under the current ‘European/ Rest of World Parks & Attractions’ sub forums and somewhat disrupt the flow of them, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would a separate sub forum for the increasing number of slightly more…. ‘niche’ topics be a possibility? I am by no means discrediting these, it just seems they don’t necessarily quite fit under the current ‘European/ Rest of World Parks & Attractions’ sub forums and somewhat disrupt the flow of them, in my opinion.

Are you on about things like the polls and more general discussion topics about the wider theme park industry?

I agree that I think a separate sub-forum would be good for these. On Thorpe Park Mania, as an example, they have a “General Discussion” sub-forum for discussions and polls about the general theme park industry.

So for me personally, my general thought is that more sub forums under existing ones are a no no, as they're often missed. Even Planning Portal I'm considering getting rid of, as it just hides the Horizon/SW9 topic at present.

If we're talking about creating new specific forums on the front page, my general view is new forums are only warranted if we have a lot of recent discussion that spills onto multiple pages. For European Park and Attractions, every topic on the front page bar two are dedicated park topics. The only two that aren't are the coaster poll topics which are closed season only and will sink down as the year progresses.

For Rest of the World, all topics posted in this month sit on the first page, so I don't think there's enough there to warrant splitting things into even more forums. Touching on Thorpe Park Mania, that general forum you mentioned Matt only has one topic where replies have been posted in 2023. I know they're a quieter forum, but I'd still argue I don't think there's enough even here on TowersStreet to warrant one.

On the subject of polls, as you'll probably have noticed with a recent topic I've locked, I'm not a fan of them in the first place. I think a lot of the time, they don't do a lot to encourage actual discussion and the questions are often far too specific to actually result in a lot of discussion - as the majority of people here just want more broader discussion/updates. As a result, they quickly sink down the forum order anyway.

Finally, don't forget we're in closed season at the moment, so with very few updates to the theme parks themselves, these "niche" topics as you call them are more prevalent. As the parks open, they then reduce and things go back to park specific topics being up at the top again. So consideration needs to be given to how the forum looks across the year, not just in closed season.

Interested to hear any other views though!

So for me personally, my general thought is that more sub forums under existing ones are a no no, as they're often missed. Even Planning Portal I'm considering getting rid of, as it just hides the Horizon/SW9 topic at present.

If we're talking about creating new specific forums on the front page, my general view is new forums are only warranted if we have a lot of recent discussion that spills onto multiple pages. For European Park and Attractions, every topic on the front page bar two are dedicated park topics. The only two that aren't are the coaster poll topics which are closed season only and will sink down as the year progresses.

For Rest of the World, all topics posted in this month sit on the first page, so I don't think there's enough there to warrant splitting things into even more forums. Touching on Thorpe Park Mania, that general forum you mentioned Matt only has one topic where replies have been posted in 2023. I know they're a quieter forum, but I'd still argue I don't think there's enough even here on TowersStreet to warrant one.

On the subject of polls, as you'll probably have noticed with a recent topic I've locked, I'm not a fan of them in the first place. I think a lot of the time, they don't do a lot to encourage actual discussion and the questions are often far too specific to actually result in a lot of discussion - as the majority of people here just want more broader discussion/updates. As a result, they quickly sink down the forum order anyway.

Finally, don't forget we're in closed season at the moment, so with very few updates to the theme parks themselves, these "niche" topics as you call them are more prevalent. As the parks open, they then reduce and things go back to park specific topics being up at the top again. So consideration needs to be given to how the forum looks across the year, not just in closed season.

Interested to hear any other views though!

No problem, understand your point of view.

I suppose I am a little boring and just prefer reading through a streamlined park/manufacturer list of topics rather than generic discussion. Appreciate your response nonetheless!

Yeah I was on another forum recently and they had so many sub-forums with narrow topics and the front page of topics dated back five years. A few more lively forums is easier to find content.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.