• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I want --- to be implemented topic

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Justin's House Pie-O-Matic Factory does not have a maximum height restriction.
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a way to indicate in our restrictions overview that a ride is not suitable for an 18+ audience (unless accompanying a child), so we indicate this by adding on a 1.4m max instead. Whilst it is not 100% accurate, it at least indicates the restriction to prompt folks to check on the official website/ ride entrance board. It's a practice we picked up from the park, who also used to use similar restrictions to indicate a ride was not aimed at adults.

It's possibly something we might change at some point down the line, but for such a small change it would represent quite a large amount of work.

The Meets page is a bit out of date. It talks about meets being cancelled this year due to the pandemic!
Thanks Alex, we were toying with the idea of updating it for a while but inevitably forgot. With moving the RSVPs to the forum side of things it didn't seem like a priority, but you raise a good point regarding the covid message. We shall update!

There's no longer an option when searching the site to search the current thread you're browsing only, this was a really useful tool is it possible to bring it back?

Not sure where to put this

Could we update the rules so if people are linking to YouTube videos as a source of information, they include a summary of what's been said?

Not sure where to put this

Could we update the rules so if people are linking to YouTube videos as a source of information, they include a summary of what's been said?

We already cover this as we ask that video embedding should be accompanied by opinions or viewpoints of the poster. Naturally, that would also include summarising the parts of the video they're referring to:

Using media in your posts​

You should ensure that any images that you upload to TowersStreet are either your own, or you have full permission to do so. If this doesn’t apply, please link to the image/website with credit. Any image uploads should also be suitable for all (including uploads within the Courtyard Tavern). The team reserves the right to remove any image uploads hosted on the TowersStreet server.

TowersStreet also has the option to add GIFs to your posts, please use this option sparingly. They should also only be used to add and contribute to the discussion. If members repeatedly use the GIF feature inappropriately, then the option may be withdrawn.

Media embedding, which allows videos from sites such as YouTube to be added to posts is also available on TowersStreet. Videos should only be posted if they add to discussion, and should also be accompanied by opinions or viewpoints of your own. Posting videos without your own views or opinions is considered spamming, and the team will remove posts if found.

I always use like (I don’t really use the reactions), but I’ll admit I do worry about a like seeming insensitive for bad news like accidents.

For clarity, if I ever “like” a post about an incident or similar, I’m only liking to thank the poster for the news update as opposed to because I even vaguely like the news… no incident is a good thing.

For clarity, if I ever “like” a post about an incident or similar, I’m only liking to thank the poster for the news update as opposed to because I even vaguely like the news… no incident is a good thing.
It's interesting you raise this Matt, because the reaction system is there to "thank" the user for their contribution to the topic/discussion, rather than to acknowledge a post for instance.

@Alsty, having a sad or angry react was something we discussed when moving to the new version of the forum, but ultimately decided against in order to avoid the use of the more 'negative' reactions to be misconstrued or used incorrectly. I'm sure @Craig will be able to clarify or discuss further if needed. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.