• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

It’s interesting how the only people remotely opposed to this are the VIP pass holders themselves. You don’t see that in other walks of life - problems with disabled access, for example, will anger plenty of fully-able individuals. Racism and homophobia (ok, granted, extreme examples) are equally abhorred by most sane white and straight individuals.

It’s all about empathy. Seems that in the case of VIP pass holders, there is none. Hardly surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s interesting how the only people remotely opposed to this are the VIP pass holders themselves. You don’t see that in other walks of life - problems with disabled access, for example, will anger plenty of fully-able individuals. Racism and homophobia (ok, granted, extreme examples) are equally abhorred by most sane white and straight individuals.

It’s all about empathy. Seems that in the case of VIP pass holders, there is none. Hardly surprising.

good thing Im not looking for yours or anyones pity

the amount of abuse Ive had from TowersStreet members I knew to expect none :rolleyes:

good thing Im not looking for yours or anyones pity

the amount of abuse Ive had from TowersStreet members I knew to expect none :rolleyes:

Abuse?

It’s called a debate, if anything it was your posts that turned mildly aggressive. Particularly in your replies to Craig.

People on this forum have no major love for the VIP pass but also not enough hate to be abusive about it. Mildly amused, sure. Positive about its removal, definitely.

But disagreeing with someone is not abuse, it’s a debate.

Toys and prams come to mind with some reactions to this news.

Anyway, I fully expect Merlin to be looking at all season fastrack at some point in the future. It is just starting to take off at the Six Flags/Cedar Fair parks and I suspect it would cater for the needs of most people who previously had a VIP pass. I suspect it would be on a park by park basis and at a high cost, so yes it would cost you a lot more if you wanted all season fastrack for all Merlin parks. However as Craig has pointed out the VIP pass was vastly underpriced.

Merlin should take a leaf out of the frequent flyer book and set up a loyalty scheme tied to $$ spend.

Spend £2000 a year across Merlin parks and get a Platinum Card with unlimited Fastrack.

Spend £200 a year and get free use of the telescope at the Stargazing Pods.

Merlin should take a leaf out of the frequent flyer book and set up a loyalty scheme tied to $$ spend.

Spend £2000 a year across Merlin parks and get a Platinum Card with unlimited Fastrack.

Spend £200 a year and get free use of the telescope at the Stargazing Pods.
The loyalty method was brought up in a previous chat about VIP but it isn't viable due to families

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Basically it would be more then the number of VIPs and carers combined.

I still don’t get it . Also, what’re you lumping VIPs and carers together? That’s two very different services that should not be considered together... as I think has been said many times before...

I still don’t get it . Also, what’re you pumping VIPs and carers together? That’s two very different services that should not be considered together... as I think has been said many times before...

As in it would use up an excessive amount of the fast track allocation as family groups can easily get to that level of spending. (I mentioned carers as VIP carers also get fastrack to assist in their role).