• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

Merlin should do a draw.

Anyone who buys £2000 of merchandise gets entered to win one of 100 platinum passes.

All the soon to be ex-vip's will be filling their baskets with smiler mugs and wickerman wood.
Some have Already have filled up!

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Merlin should take a leaf out of the frequent flyer book and set up a loyalty scheme tied to $$ spend.

Spend £2000 a year across Merlin parks and get a Platinum Card with unlimited Fastrack.

Spend £200 a year and get free use of the telescope at the Stargazing Pods.
Or just don't replace it. Let's keep Fast track for those that only have one day on park, and really need to ride everything. I don't understand why anyone visiting multiple times a year needs fast track, except disabled users, who should be using RAP anyway (and should be allowed to ride without a carer)

Or just don't replace it. Let's keep Fast track for those that only have one day on park, and really need to ride everything. I don't understand why anyone visiting multiple times a year needs fast track, except disabled users, who should be using RAP anyway (and should be allowed to ride without a carer)
It's merlin, they won't invest enough for staff to be able to accurately check documentation to spot the lack of need for a carer.

Merlin should do a draw.

Anyone who spends £2000 or more on merchandise gets entered to win the chance to buy one of 100 platinum passes.

All the soon to be ex-vip's will be filling their baskets with smiler mugs and wickerman wood.

I know it's only an idea but this really astounds me. For £2000 you could comfortably do a road trip in Europe (or hell even America if you're lucky) instead of buying some crap with an annoying face on it to enter a lottery to buy a pass for parks they've likely visited a million times already. Nah thanks.

I know it's only an idea but this really astounds me. For £2000 you could comfortably do a road trip in Europe (or hell even America if you're lucky) instead of buying some crap with an annoying face on it to enter a lottery to buy a pass for parks they've likely visited a million times already. Nah thanks.
That's the thing I really don't understand about people buying the VIP annual pass. Why do you need to ride the same rides hundreds of times without queueing when you have done them before anyway? Just visit on quieter days.

That's the thing I really don't understand about people buying the VIP annual pass. Why do you need to ride the same rides hundreds of times without queueing when you have done them before anyway? Just visit on quieter days.
Again as it's been said numerous times by now, it's not always possible to go on quiet days

Still, it's not every weekend that's rammed full of guests. I just don't understand the logic (and I'm not bringing RAP into this, that's a seaparate matter).

Oh well, each to their own.
True, but it's not always obvious when it's going to be busy, having unlimited fastrack reduced the need to plan.

Baffling isn’t it!

Sadly, like festivals, gigs and clubs, some people just like to be VIP’s... even though they are only VI because they’ve paid to be!

I don’t see why people get wound up buy the purchasing the pass. I agree the name sucks and the concept sucks but surely that is down to the people who created and marketed it rather than people who got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True, but it's not always obvious when it's going to be busy, having unlimited fastrack reduced the need to plan.

I can honestly say that in all the years Fastrack has been available I have never ever bought one. I've been on quiet weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays, school holidays, traveller day at Scarefest and I have never felt the need to buy one. Not that I could justify spending that amount of money just to shave a few minutes off a queue time.

I've always said that as long as the queue is reasonable (by that I'd say up to an hour) then the queuing often adds to the whole ride experience. It's in the queue that you can get to speak to people about Towers etc, and sometimes they're newbies to the park and/or ride so you can have some really good conversations with them.

Sometimes when I have had priority passes after a ride has stopped, by just nipping onto Nemesis via the exit or even going on Wicker Man via it's short Fastrack queue I sometimes feel a little cheated and it almost feels like I've just gone on it to tick a box: "yep, that's done, now on to the next one to tick off". Bit difficult to get across in words but I hope some of you understand what I mean!