• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

Strange how a certain theme park in Germany operates without fast track, yet has some of the highest guest satisfaction figures and has been titled the world's best theme park by a number of publications for a number of years now......

Yet Merlin which oversells them and operates poorly with it receives nothing but abuse?

No, I completely agree with Lurker - what gives some people the right to a shorter queue over others, medical conditions aside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even medical conditions don't make people incapable of waiting. Sure standing in a queue line isn't possible, but everyone should still wait their turn. A virtual queue for RAP is sufficient of a provision.

I appreciate however that fast track makes a lot of sense from the business perspective. However, I don't think the Merlin way of flogging as many as possible is correct.

Hopefully removal of the VIP pass is the first of several corrections to the queuing situation.

Even medical conditions don't make people incapable of waiting. Sure standing in a queue line isn't possible, but everyone should still wait their turn. A virtual queue for RAP is sufficient of a provision.

I appreciate however that fast track makes a lot of sense from the business perspective. However, I don't think the Merlin way of flogging as many as possible is correct.

Hopefully removal of the VIP pass is the first of several corrections to the queuing situation.
Can’t see them ever correcting the RAP aka free fastrack situation, too afraid of the negative press.

Mine went straight in the bin when my pass turned up, can't stand them. I'm not doing Merlin's marketing for them, guests don't need to know I have a MAP.
What is it with people disliking lanyards? I honestly don't get it.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: pj
Same here.

@ihaveaspergers The Merlin lanyards are just advertising, they also look ugly plastered with attraction logos. Nothing wrong with a plain lanyard but then I also wouldn’t wear that at a theme park.

But each to their own, there’s worse things in life than lanyards

I shall resist the urge to derail the topic by ranting about the evils of biometric ID....

As for the insinuation that I - of all people - work for Merlin, word fail me.
For most someone that point out merlins flaws at every turn. That must be the biggest insult going.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

What is it with people disliking lanyards? I honestly don't get it.
Because what is their purpose? What does wearing one actually achieve?

I don't wear mine because:
  • It feels pretentious. Everyone, look at me and how much money I spent to buy this pass.
  • Nobody else actually cares I have a pass. In fact it's liable to rub people up the wrong way for the reason above.
  • It exposes my annual pass to the risk of loss or theft, which doesn't happen when it's in my wallet.
  • I would have to take it off and put it back on after the coasters, when it could just sit in my wallet all day.
  • It adds no value to my day and it doesn't make things more convenient. For example, to get my AP discount I would need to get my wallet out anyway to get my debit card. I mean, I wouldn't wear my Tesco clubcard round my neck when I go shopping yet it's much the same concept...

This is actually such a perfect comparison. @ihaveaspergers, you surely wouldn’t wear a Clubcard on a Tesco lanyard whilst shopping, how is this any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But there isn’t a separate queue for Clubcard customers in Tesco so why would you need to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strange how a certain theme park in Germany operates without fast track, yet has some of the highest guest satisfaction figures and has been titled the world's best theme park by a number of publications for a number of years now......

Yet Merlin which oversells them and operates poorly with it receives nothing but abuse?
Also Efteling doesn’t have fast track and does very well ( no share holders to make loads of money for ) also I’ve only ever noticed minimal use of disable queues, I’ve been there when Flying Dutchman’s queue was to the outside door but they ate that queue in 20-25 mins max , would have been 60-90 if it was a merlin queue!!