• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

What is it with people disliking lanyards? I honestly don't get it.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

To be frank: it's kind of like when you're on the street and you see someone coming toward you muttering to themselves under their breath. There's nothing inherently wrong with that but you tend to feel slightly unsettled, and personally I'd consider crossing the road to avoid walking past them.

That's basically what I feel when I see someone with a MAP or VIP lanyard, particularly if they're plastered with badges.

I don't have any issues with people wearing lanyards. It doesn't affect me, so I just don't really care.

Much the same as someone in expensive designer clothes. Sure wearing a £500 t-shirt is somewhat pretentious but I'm not going to judge you for how you spend your money.

I don't wear a lanyard myself because I consider it to be inconvenient, I'm good at losing stuff even when it's firmly in a zipped pocket, let alone when it's flapping about my person.

Wearing coaster merch is advertising just the same, but I'm sure we all have a t-shirt or hoody for a preferred ride.

Perhaps it's because I've not had a negative experience with any other lanyard wearing customers. I don't think it's necessary to judge people on what they are wearing. In fact I find fellow enthusiasts in merch or lanyards tend be more polite than other customers at theme parks.

I wear my lanyard to parks as it has some of my favourite pins on. However I only wear it before the turnstiles for convenience it goes in my bag right after security where it stays all day until park close when I put it back on. I couldn’t imagine whipping it out my bag every time after a ride. Each to their own I find them a bit of fun.
I do however get the impression that some VIP holders wear it as a status symbol

To be frank: it's kind of like when you're on the street and you see someone coming toward you muttering to themselves under their breath. There's nothing inherently wrong with that but you tend to feel slightly unsettled, and personally I'd consider crossing the road to avoid walking past them.

That's basically what I feel when I see someone with a MAP or VIP lanyard, particularly if they're plastered with badges.
Hey feel free to say hi if you see me, I don't bite!
I think the reason I wear so many pins (total weighs a substantial amount more then my phone) is probably Asperger's related...

My MAP lanyards were made great use of, with their anti choke clip on they make excellent hangers for RC Planes to hang on the wall.

Only good thing about club cards. I can now swap my points for a standard Merlin pass :D
Aren’t they giving you all a special offer on a premium pass :D

I bet there’s some who swear blind they’ll never give Merlin any of their money again as well

:rolleyes: £159 for a PMAP :confused:

still too much, they should just give us PMAPS for free :D

Why?

You'd only be spending money on a renewal in the first place. Just because you're spending less like us 'peasants' doesn't mean you should be given it for free at all.

Why don't you just buy the PMAP and leave something for their tip jar /tax dodging charity instead? ;)

Is it any different to the way they always announce the year's new cutbacks after the MAP sale? Merlin have a well known track record of screwing over their most loyal customers.
Good point, legolands silent announcement makes it pretty obvious why it was discontinued...