• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Musicals/Stage Productions Topic!!!

Joseph

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Yes yes... You guess'd it I like show tunes! ::) This topic is to discuss musicals,new ones and old.
Whats your favorite musical? Mine is Billy Elliot... and i also like Matilda The Musiacal! :)

I shall close with an extract from the song Electricty

Electricty....
Sparks inside of me
And i'm free i'm free! :)

Well, the musicals I'm in love with:

• Les Misérables
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Love Never Dies
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Jekyll and Hyde

That's my lot..
I love my musicals!

:)

Musicals, you say? :D

Over the years, I've been involved with various musicals, most notably Joseph (which I've done three times), Jesus Christ Superstar, The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Grease. Whilst I've enjoyed them, my favourite musical that I've seen in the theatre has to be Blood Brothers. Ever since we studied it in GCSE English, I've loved it, and last summer, I was fortunate enough to see it at the Hall for Cornwall, and it was a truly excellent performance. My favourite musical, however, may well be Les Misérables. I haven't yet seen it at the theatre - in fact, I've only seen the DVD of the concert at the O2 for its 25th anniversary, which was in 2010 - but it's truly wonderful, and I cannot wait until the film comes out at Christmas. One little bugbear about Les Mis is that in some versions, when Gavroche comes on to announce the death of General Lamarque, he just sounds too happy, which, in my view, is wrong for such an occasion. Robert Madge, who played Gavroche at the O2 for the 25th anniversary, got it spot-on at that moment. Furthermore, his portrayal of Gavroche is fantastic - he put a lot of effort and enthusiasm into it.

Last edited:
Jonathan said:
Robert Madge, who played Gavroche at the O[sub]2[/sub] for the 25th anniversary, got it spot-on at that moment. Furthermore, his portrayal of Gavroche is fantastic - he put a lot of effort and enthusiasm into it.

I loved Robert Madge as Gavroche, he's got a really cheek, which he brings to the role. Especially when he foils Javert. He's brings really cheekiness to the lines:

"Good evening dear Inspector, lovely evening my dear.
I know this man my friends, his name is Inspector Javert.
So don't believe a word he says, because none of it's true.
Only goes to show what little people can do"

He's got a YouTube channel, where he covers songs, obviously from musicals...
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRobertMadge/videos

:)

MAKE IT GAY!!!

Eurgh musicals. Who on earth, especially on TST, would like them... ;-)

Musicals aren't really my thing.

But Simon from here introduced me to Gilbert & Sullivan, which are kind of musicals before their time I suppose, and I've really enjoyed the ones I've listened to in-depth so far, H.M.S. Pinafore and Trial by Jury. :)

I enjoyed Rock of Ages... and I've been getting into musicals just because of someone close has a massive love for them and it has slightly rubbed off! :p

Rock of Ages was awesome just because of the comedic value and 80's rock songs! oh and the epic quote "I'm not gay, I'm just German" :p

Ah yes.. Joseph and the technicolour dreamcoat ,another one of my faves... :) Did you know the narrator was ment to be originaly played by a boy. :D I like the narrator's part.

I've always thought a TST production of Rocky Horror could work. But Frank N Furter NEEDS to be played by Sam. ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
I've always thought a TST production of Rocky Horror could work. But Frank N Furter NEEDS to be played by Sam. ;)
Oh dear. I'd love this!!!

Can I be Janet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as I can light it so I don't have to wear fishnets. Either that or MAYBE the Criminologist / Narrator.

DiogoJ42 said:
As long as I can light it so I don't have to wear fishnets. Either that or MAYBE the Criminologist / Narrator.
You'd have to speak with his droning voice though!

Anything is better than when I saw "Nasty" Nick from Big Brother play him years ago!

DiogoJ42 said:
Anything is better than when I saw "Nasty" Nick from Big Brother play him years ago!
HA!

Who would play Brad?

I'm currently doing musical theater singing lessons. my homework this week is to work on my diction of the song Castle on a cloud from Les Miserables! :) I love this song even if it's sung by a girl!

Funnily enough, it's one of the only songs from Les Mis I can't tolerate. ;)

I do enjoy musicals though; why not? They're great fun most of the time and can also be surprisingly touching. There's something nice about all these musicals derived from popular artist's music, as it puts songs we normally take for granted into a new perspective.

Nothing will ever beat the Lion King though. Maybe it's just because African music strikes a chord with me but the message from that film and indeed musical touches me. :p

I hate being all soppy.

Billy Elliot!

"When you were on the picket line, we went and f***ed your miss'us!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If The Lion King and Shrek can become musicals, then I want to see a stage adaptation of the greatest musical film ever made...
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut