• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Musicals/Stage Productions Topic!!!

The Musicals/Stage Productions Topic!!!

As most people know, musical theatre is like...something I'm very passionate about! Really excited about Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...not so about Viva Forever (Rock Of Ages was just one jukebox too many...). However, WWRY is actually a very fun show, especially for a techie!

Itching to go and see Matilda, have been putting it off for ages for money's sake but the music is SO GOOD.

Oh, also going through a second massive Legally Blonde phase right now <3.

There are a few musicals I want to see, might drag Chris to see one a week on Sunday, any suggestions?

Re: The Musicals/Stage Productions Topic!!!

Rock of ages was fantastic! :p

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Depends whether you want "serious" or "happy clappy" tbh. Can't go wrong with Les Mis, but it can be a bit heavy if you are expecting happy. Something tells me Wicked (is that still on?) might be more your sort of thing, Nat ;)

Re: The Musicals/Stage Productions PTopic!!!

I have been waiting to see Les Miz, I do like the story... Sadly tickets are expensive at the moment (probably due to the movie)

My sisters doing the costumes for a local musical company for les Miz nearby so ill get to see that. But that obviously won't be nearly as good as the large rotating stage! :p

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

If you look around,you can find some really cheap tickets for musicals at certain times of the year,I think the next one is get into London theater in January.with most full price tickets down to £30-£45. I have seen a lot of musicals this way.

I can't help but find Wicked and such lark a little pretentious.

What's all this fuss about Matilda, though? Is it any good?

Les Mis is good but I find it a bit sombre for something that isn't actually overly moving. Joseph is very upbeat, and not too irritating, if you're after something lighter. :)

Pasty Matilda is amazing you just have to listen to some of the songs one I recommend is
When I Grow Up. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBTSz4smwc[/youtube]

Natalie I recomend you go and see Wicked its half term and I think they've got a offer on now but it will still be reasonably expensive. Popular is great song so here yah go - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjCRFu2h6Zk[/youtube]

Well i've peformed Castle on a Cloud and my teacher said I was the fastest pupil to get through it and on to the actions stage which is quite hard to do if the song normaly does not normaly have any. ;)

Joesph, do you mind me asking if your voice has broken, as I really can't imagine a male voice singing that song? Is it just an octave lower or do you have a falsetto?

And 'Popular'? Oh no! It's awful! Wicked gives me the shivers. Still, it's not as bad as Jersey Boys. *shivers*

I've only seen one professional musical products, which was Jesus Christ Superstar when I was younger. I'm hoping now that I'm in London ill get to see more :)

One musical that I really love is Rent. I have the Broadway DVD, the film on blu ray and the soundtrack. For some reason I love it.

NastyPasty said:
Joesph, do you mind me asking if your voice has broken, as I really can't imagine a male voice singing that song? Is it just an octave lower or do you have a falsetto?

How unprofessional of me but I have no clue to what a Falsetto is, on the subject of me singing the song my voice is semi-broken i'm in the middle stages and for some reason I can sing higher than I can lower although I can sing low, another thing I have a vibrato I think , so that helps . But when my voice does finally break I doubt it will get much lower. Alot of my friends at school seem to think they have lower voices and are generally way past puberty but to be honest they're not even at the mood swings , which I am defiantly at! aha . and no the music is in its original tempo , key and pitch !!

Fast-forward to 2013! :D
So Les Miserables has been released and I have to say it was absolutely amazing!
*BTW Spoilers*
So I saw the movie on the 13th Anne Hathaway's performance of Fantine was excellent when she died it was so very sad, grown men were crying I was too! hahah! but one or two niggles I have is that Jackman used to much vibrato, and Russel Crowe's rendition of Stars was awful! he sounded so flat! it was like listening to a singing hoover.... I'm not boasting, well I am but I could've sung that better. you do literally have too see it it was absolutely amazing! There were several lyric changes such as "And the plague is coming on fast" instead of winter and um when Mme Thanardier said Shut your face! instead of "Enough of that!" was quite hilarious. but i rate the film 9.5/10
My musical theater lesson are going good I'm currently doing "At the end of the day" from Les Miserables :) To the few who are unfamiliar here is the song - Les Miserables - At the End of the Day (The songs obviously been shortened so that it works for one person) :)

My favourite musical is Joseph, without a doubt I just love it no matter how many times I see it :)
I've also grown up with my mum and dad playing their Les Mis DVD every year so I can't wait to see it at the cinema, would love to see more musicals in London but it's pretty expensive and none of my friends seem to share the love :(

In just under 2 weeks I'll be playing Javert in the college production of Les Mis. Being a jack of all trades I've also been roped into costume design, and today I made 1 of the 8 ball gowns for the guests at the Wedding :)

-Tayler

Just got home from first night as javert in les mis, currently trying to wash the white out of my hair ... theatre kid problems

In an ideal world I'd want that organ to be used at the bits when they used organ in the 25th orchestration... but it'd drown out everyone else! :p

Fantastic run of the show for 4 nights, standing of ovations and lots of tears. I have a couple of pics now, I'll be able to upload more if you're interested :)

I know this man my friends his names inspector Javert

Bring Him Home

Do you hear the people sing? Lost in the valley of the night, it is the music of a people who are climbing to the light