• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The new 2013 Merlin annual pass flask

Erm okay is it just me or are the new flask rules very confusing?

• It's just me

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • They are confusing

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • They leave existing flask holders out of pocket

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • They are better this year than last

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • They are still great value for money even if it means buying 2 flasks in 1 year

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Dean said:
Capsule is valid from collection date, until the expiration date of your Pass.

They have missed out one tiny issue...

How many passholders these days have less than 12 months on there pass at a given time, with all the offers and promos over the last few years, which added 12 months to the date of your pass regardless if you needed to re-new?

So for example, someone renewed in Nov 2012, and then took advantage of the 2013 January sale which is now on, they would end up with a pass that expires Nov 2014.

So you pay the £16 for the capsule when redeeming the sale voucher, and that then lasts until Nov 2014. (subject to the capsule continuing into 2014)

So the payment of £16 for your capsule, could last you for 2 seasons... :)

I sort of have this situation, I renewed my pass today and the expiry isn't now till July 2014. Am I supposed to have been given a voucher to be able to purchase the new annual quencher though?

Also since we have four passes, whats to stop me (other than my own morals) in putting the hole in all all four and then any of my pass holders can use it (we shared last year any way)