• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The pictures have been replaced by random pictures within one of my old trip reports?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
This isn’t a big problem by any means, but I noticed that the pictures within one of my old trip reports have been replaced: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/alton-towers-24th-25th-march-2018.4702/

I was just having a browse through my first ever Alton Towers trip reports on here, from Wicker Man’s opening weekend, and I noticed that the pictures I’d put in at the time appear to have been replaced by a wide medley of different photos! The pictures for 24th March have been replaced by a sign promoting a “family friendly environment” at Alton Towers Scarefest and some Twitter posts complaining about something or other, and the pictures for 25th March have been replaced by some very nice pictures of Drayton Manor’s Halloween event at sunset… I did not take any of these pictures!

Most confusingly, the pictures are still listed as having been posted by “Matt N on 24th/25th March 2018 at [time]”, as the original pictures were, even though they definitely weren’t taken by me and definitely seem more recent than 2018…

It’s not a big problem, but it might seem a bit confusing for anyone who reads back through old trip reports… I know it sounds weird, but I occasionally read old trip reports from time to time, and if anyone else reads that particular trip report, I can imagine them being very confused by the different images. Do the moderators know why this might have happened, out of interest?

This isn’t a big problem by any means, but I noticed that the pictures within one of my old trip reports have been replaced: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/alton-towers-24th-25th-march-2018.4702/

I was just having a browse through my first ever Alton Towers trip reports on here, from Wicker Man’s opening weekend, and I noticed that the pictures I’d put in at the time appear to have been replaced by a wide medley of different photos! The pictures for 24th March have been replaced by a sign promoting a “family friendly environment” at Alton Towers Scarefest and some Twitter posts complaining about something or other, and the pictures for 25th March have been replaced by some very nice pictures of Drayton Manor’s Halloween event at sunset… I did not take any of these pictures!

Most confusingly, the pictures are still listed as having been posted by “Matt N on 24th/25th March 2018 at [time]”, as the original pictures were, even though they definitely weren’t taken by me and definitely seem more recent than 2018…

It’s not a big problem, but it might seem a bit confusing for anyone who reads back through old trip reports… I know it sounds weird, but I occasionally read old trip reports from time to time, and if anyone else reads that particular trip report, I can imagine them being very confused by the different images. Do the moderators know why this might have happened, out of interest?
Yeah that's really odd. Am I right in thinking that the font size and style have changed as well? They look very different from the default ones that most posts use.

Yeah that's really odd. Am I right in thinking that the font size and style have changed as well?
No, the font size and style were always like that, as I’d copied and pasted the text from the text editor on CoasterForce.

I still do the same now, but these days, the formatting correctly transfers between CoasterForce and TowersStreet… I imagine it helps a lot that both sites now run on XenForo, whereas I don’t think they did in 2018(?).

Sorry for the delay in replying @Matt N, I read this while I was away at EP then completely forgot to look into it when I got back!

Basically, this has happened due to you copying the post directly from CoasterForce. When you originally posted the trip report here, the images were hotlinked to Coasterforce's Xenforo forum using their attachment IDs. We then did the upgrade to Xenforo 2 and enabled attachments, which then resulted in the post being converted and finding attachments of a similar ID in our forum.

Basically, if you're crossposting from one version of Xenforo to the other, just make sure you're only copying your text, then upload the images to the respective forum and don't hotlinking them by way of copying/pasting. Obviously we didn't have attachment uploads back then, but just for future reference :).

Sorry for the delay in replying @Matt N, I read this while I was away at EP then completely forgot to look into it when I got back!

Basically, this has happened due to you copying the post directly from CoasterForce. When you originally posted the trip report here, the images were hotlinked to Coasterforce's Xenforo forum using their attachment IDs. We then did the upgrade to Xenforo 2 and enabled attachments, which then resulted in the post being converted and finding attachments of a similar ID in our forum.

Basically, if you're crossposting from one version of Xenforo to the other, just make sure you're only copying your text, then upload the images to the respective forum and don't hotlinking them by way of copying/pasting. Obviously we didn't have attachment uploads back then, but just for future reference :).
Thanks for the reply @Craig! This shouldn’t be a problem these days, as I now link to an external image hosting site (imgBB) rather than using the local file hosting features on the forums themselves for my trip reports that go on multiple sites, but thanks for the heads up regardless!