• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As much as my love of fire and Talocan makes me want to see something similar, I mean the setup and themeing. At its core it's just a great ride type and a nice themeing wall set up with some effects as icing on the cake. The angry, flippy cake.

However if Towers did decide to do things like this I wouldn't object

rammstein-mk.gif

Talocan is indeed an awesome set piece to behold and there always seems to be massive crowd in the viewing area just watching.

Although it wasn't in the same level, Ripsaw always drew crowds of spectators, especially those wanting to watch their friends and loved ones get sprayed in the face. I loved the whole setup with fountains, back drop and bridge over the pathway. The RS do add crowds around these previously baron areas which is always good to see, but many of them are bag holders rather than spectators.

They are just tacky fair ground rides at the end of the day just dumped on the spaces of removed permanent flats. I welcomed their hasty installation as the alternative really was nothing but it's time for some permanent themed showcases now. I still maintain though that we won't get that. They'll be quietly removed and that'll be the end of it.

Alton Towers hiring travelling flats is like buying a house off Wish.

This is the U.K’s premier theme park apparently!

They served a purpose when capacity was reduced due to covid, but I think it’s time to get a bulk deal on a minimum of 2 high throughput permanents now.

With Enterprise looking like it's finally passing to the other side, Walliams World being embarrassing as it is even with the Sizzler there and Blade being older than me, we could be talking about a good 6 attractions needing some sort of permanent solution here in the long run. The 4 temp flats alone are carrying the weight of previously removed attractions before you consider the other 2 long standing permanents going, the Dungeons having it's day and the abandonment of Sub Terra needing some sort of solution, even if it's just removal.

Even if you replaced the Blade, Enterprise and the Dungeons with permanent attractions, we'd be looking at many £milllions and that's before we even consider the fun fair rides being replaced with something permanent.

What a hole to dig themselves into. A hole I don't suspect they have much of plan to dig themselves out of..

To fix this your talking the budget of an SW. I’d sacrifice one until 2028 if they got on an invested over the next 2/3 years in good permanent hardware
I think it would be a really good use of an SW-sized budget.

Adding a significant number of attractions in a single season, which fill the obvious gaps in the park's line-up, could provide a really strong marketing campaign to bring in new/lapsed guests. A 'compilation' style advertising campaign (in a similar vein to the famous 'Magic Map' add from the 90s) could do the park wonders right now to draw back their lost audience (just so long as they fix some of the real-world problems that have driven those gusts away first)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.