• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
But wouldn't you prefer a new flat that we've not seen at towers before? Something like Samurai or Vortex
But you can go to Thorpe and ride them. Whereas I don't think any UK park has a Top Scan?
I would also agree that standard model is probably better, as the row facing backwards would take away some of the specator element, those who don't ride often watch those who do and not being able to see them would make it a worse experiance.

Personally the main thing I didn't like about Ripsaw was the fountains, getting wet made the whole experience miserable.

But you can go to Thorpe and ride them. Whereas I don't think any UK park has a Top Scan?
I would also agree that standard model is probably better, as the row facing backwards would take away some of the specator element, those who don't ride often watch those who do and not being able to see them would make it a worse experiance.

Personally the main thing I didn't like about Ripsaw was the fountains, getting wet made the whole experience miserable.
To be fair, the times I went on it (not in the height of summer, usually was Scarefest) you rarely got wet except for maybe a bit of rogue spray in the wind. And sometimes that almost felt like a bit of a disappointment as you expected to get a squirt in the face!

IF it came back, looking forward to this cycle:

From: https://youtu.be/lgOoo1PDwRg?si=OEx2l81UuCnQrDwJ&t=66
EDIT just seen at the end of the video that two of the riders were AstroDan and Sazzle - the @AstroDan and the @Sazzle ?
1699878989905.png

Last edited:
To be fair, the times I went on it (not in the height of summer, usually was Scarefest) you rarely got wet except for maybe a bit of rogue spray in the wind. And sometimes that almost felt like a bit of a disappointment as you expected to get a squirt in the face!

I think there was also an occasion where in October/November a friend expected not to get wet like you said but then did come off dripping. It was occasionally unpredictable.

Not red fountains on something expected to get guests wet. That's asking to get stained clothes.

Mondial Shake R5 would be what I want somewhere. Proper vomit comet.

There will not be a new flat in Forbidden Valley next year. There could well be one in 2025.
Yeah as much as it would be nice to see a new flat open alongside Nemmy I don't see it happening. 2025 is more likely, as you say.

It will be interesting to see whether we get multiple flats in one year.

It's a shame we won't see a flat in Forbidden Valley in 2024, I hope they do something with the Ripsaw site space inbetween now and 2025. Maybe have it as an outdoor entertainment space for 2024 (with something good and not the crap they did a few years ago). More than likely we'll see a random HB unit appear.

It will be interesting to see whether we get multiple flats in one year.

It's a shame we won't see a flat in Forbidden Valley in 2024, I hope they do something with the Ripsaw site space inbetween now and 2025. Maybe have it as an outdoor entertainment space for 2024 (with something good and not the crap they did a few years ago). More than likely we'll see a random HB unit appear.
No one has said we won't see a FV flat in 2024, it's just unlikely. No one knows what Towers have up their sleeve.

No one has said we won't see a FV flat in 2024, it's just unlikely. No one knows what Towers have up their sleeve.
It’s possible, but unlikely.

Then again, in the year before oblivion opened, Energizer and Enterprise were relocated to X Sector from festival park, so flat ride installation occurring at the same time as a coaster being constructed has happened at the park before.

I do wonder if project horizon has been pushed back to 2026 (if it even was a 2025 project, although I suspect it was/is) and we see multiple flats in 2025 and x-sector tidied up/enhanced instead with Horizon the then the year after.

I do wonder if project horizon has been pushed back to 2026 (if it even was a 2025 project, although I suspect it was/is) and we see multiple flats in 2025 and x-sector tidied up/enhanced instead with Horizon the then the year after.
It's funny you mentioned that as I was thinking the same thing. Project Horizon should have started clearance / groundwork by now and nothing is happening to the site ATM. I'd prefer it if Towers sorted out the flat ride situation first in 2025 with Horizon coming in 2026.

Apparently Bianca did confirm that 3 permanent flat rides have been purchased to replace the RetroSquad at one of the recent Attraction Source events.

This wasn’t caught on camera, but quite a few people who went to the event have said that she said it, for what it’s worth.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if one of these was in Forbidden Valley, particularly given the new shop being built next to the former site of Ripsaw.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.