• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Spinjam is usually relatively tame for 2/3rds of the layout then after a funfair-style announcement the final 1/3rd is very intense. I was fine with it (my tolerance is higher than most), a few people had to have a sit down afterwards.

That’s how I remember Spinjam to be, a steady start and then it going up a notch for a good part. But this one I went on today seemed to start off a little faster, then stepped up to a level comparable to Spinjam’s final part, and then seemed to kick it up another level on from that.

It’s interesting that people are saying that Spinjam doesn’t always seem to be that popular, I wonder if people are finding it too intense to ride or finding it not intense as other varieties they’ve ridden and therefore not as interesting?

I rode the one that tours with Pat Collins Fun Fair about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I think it was fairly similar. The end for about 30 seconds or so was possibly a little faster, but overall the cycle was not noticeably dissimilar. Not that it wasn't intense, both are, and its good to have a strong, intense and visually impressive ride there. I for one would be very happy if they purchased and properly themed one for that site. I think the reason that people aren't riding it is that at the end of the day the retro squad are fairly tacky additions. Like they made custom panelling transfers for them, why couldn't they have made them themed like Flavio. It needs more effort put into it for it to compete with other attractions nearby like smiler, or enterprise when that's not in bits.

I was at a local air show today which had a fair. Did the waltzers and sizzler twice but ended with a ride on an Extreme and Jesus Christ, what an incredibly nauseating experience! I’m usually ok with spinny rides but that was on another level. Made me realise how surprised I was that Towers decided to bring one in.
Looking at the Extreme cycling, it didn’t look dissimilar to videos of Spinjam. Anyone else has horrific experiences of an Extreme?

This is a good point actually. There is no way I would pay to go on it at a fair, however I may well go on it at somepoint this season just to try it out, even though I know that I probably won't like it.
Did you ride Spinjam at the recent meet? If so, how did you find it?

I don’t know if it’s just to advertise the ride more or what but they’ve added some new signage to the front of Spinjam and also the temp fences with the logo on it.

However there is still now clear way of how to actually get to the queue line which I find funny. You stand and watch everyone turn left to try get in, some people will move the temp fence and try get that way, most end up joining the disabled queue.

It’s just odd that they’re added a massive Spinjam sign to the front of the disabled queue and fence, but not added some arrows or something to show you how to actually join the ride queue.

It just makes me wonder when were finally get permanent flats - the retro squad are going down all the time, particularly Funk n Fly, Enterprise is dead and it looks like The Blade is as well, if the retro squad dont come back could we really end up with no flats apart from Marauder's Mayhem if you even want to count that

It just makes me wonder when were finally get permanent flats - the retro squad are going down all the time, particularly Funk n Fly, Enterprise is dead and it looks like The Blade is as well, if the retro squad dont come back could we really end up with no flats apart from Marauder's Mayhem if you even want to count that
And Heave Ho.

And Heave Ho.
Thank God Comedy GIF by CBC

Well that makes it all ok then!

If we’re including family flats, there are also technically a couple in CBeebies Land, as well as Royal Carousel, Flávio’s and Bottom Burp in TWODW.

I don’t mean like Go Jetters and stuff haha I’m not gonna ride Spinjam and then go ride Go Jetters😂not bothered about heave ho - I’ll take Marauder’s Mayhem but it’s not great to say “I’ll take a teacups because there’s literally nothing else” - it’s what I’d call “a backup flat” as opposed to a “main flat”. I know they’re not official terms but in my head the likes of Enterprise, Ripsaw etc are the mains and Marauder’s: etc are the backups

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.