• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Im guessing it's got some revealing theming decorations that they dont want to reveal until next year, or something?

or maybe they just don't want it to get battered by the weather and look s**te by the time it goes on display.

Dave said:
It's an old fashioned ambulance, you can see the sign at the front.

Or it could be an ice cream van, that would be amusing if its got bog all to do with SW7 and was just one of the ice cream vans :D

The van isn't the Ambulance used in the video - I looked back at the clip and the shape is quite different.

siralgenon said:
Dave said:
It's an old fashioned ambulance, you can see the sign at the front.

Or it could be an ice cream van, that would be amusing if its got bog all to do with SW7 and was just one of the ice cream vans :D

The van isn't the Ambulance used in the video - I looked back at the clip and the shape is quite different.

Because it is clearly an Ice Cream Van!! I mean, it's shaped exactly like an Ice Cream Van, believe you me, after TT@10, I know that van when I see it! I actually think Towers might just be doing this to have us on you know! :p

^ That's the world's first! The worlds first SW7 flavor ice-cream to be served, only trouble is that the ice-cream will be overhyped and incomplete. :p

It could well be an ice cream van, they do have two of them after all! I hope the big marketing push comes early next year, as let's be honest, we really really need it!! :p

The ultimate ice-cream - "It's every flavor you've ever dreamed of in one, never before has so much taste technology been combined to make the ultimate ice-cream flavor"

The reason why the tarpaulin would be over the van is to preserve paint so it doesn't wash off. It could have wet paint or recently dried paint on it. :)

Joseph said:
The reason why the tarpaulin would be over the van is to preserve paint so it doesn't wash off. It could have wet paint or recently dried paint on it. :)

I assume that all the theming was done indoors in a studio, so why would they move it outside while the paint was still wet? Surely they would let the paint dry properly so it would be alright outdoors before moving it to towers.

The cover is there simply because they don't want nosey enthusiasts taking pictures of it and ruining the surprise of what it is.

As for the ice cream vans, they are stored round the back of the medical centre, although it would be funny if someone from marketing thought 'hey, lets move an ice cream van into a car park and cover it up, just to see what the geeks say about it' :D

Josh said:
As for the ice cream vans, they are stored round the back of the medical centre, although it would be funny if someone from marketing thought 'hey, lets move an ice cream van into a car park and cover it up, just to see what the geeks say about it' :D

I'd love it to be that! It would be even better if they went and dug out an old washing machine, and just plonked it in the car park where all the track is! ;)

Just to tidy up that last bit about the "fake" announcements.

It's not hard, put out a statement, or contact them through that forum with a desist notice.

There is no way, that anyone should be in any danger of loosing their jobs through an impersonator, it really is very simple. If they are, that is an awful management failure, and whomever sanctions that, is more dangerous to the company than some apparent eejit pretending to have taken a photo ;D

I just find the whole thing absolutely laughable - my only concern is, there are people here whom I respect for their long hard worked relationships with the towers, whom are actually discussing this with anything less than the disdain and humour which it deserves.

If it is a proper leak, it only counts as such if there are non-disclosure agreements signed - I've signed a few of those down the years, without one, towers have no right to do anything except lick their wounds and learn. Any blame passed is wholly inappropriate.

If he did sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, he can be sued, simple as that - there is no grey area here, he did or he didn't, and there are legal courses of action to take that are rock solid either way.

It isn't remotely ambiguous, very much black and white. You sign something or you don't, if he's a fraud, you put out a statement or contact them.

If he is related in some form to an employee, you find out whom, have they signed an Non-Disclosure Agreement?

I think it's nonsense I really do, and the talk of staff being sacked is a joke - if the company is run like that, seriously, 40k towers because I love you and I'll take the job ;D

Rocket science this ain't.

Rob said:
I'd love it to be that! It would be even better if they went and dug out an old washing machine, and just plonked it in the car park where all the track is! ;)

That would actually be brilliant! And it would show that the marketing team really do have a sense of humour! :D

It looks EXACTLY like one of the park's ice cream vans, though why on earth they would not only cover it but fence it off in a place far from its usual resting spot in the Medical Centre car park is beyond me...

+1 for hoping this is an elaborate marketing joke :p

They have done something similar before. Back in 2010 they put a bubble machine in the strobe room of TotT whilst it was being constructed and you could still see in through the windows! It was done purposely in the hope that we would see it, which we did, and discuss why it was there. There have been other 'wind ups' in the past also, I know that back on TTF they posted a few things on the forum claiming one thing or another purely as a joke to create speculation, I think one of the things was about the Black Hole tent. I know all this stuff as I was told it when we met a load of management at the end of the 2010 season in Margs having a few drinks! :p

Well whether it is a real bit of theming or a marketing prank, it has got some discussion going! :)

Good on them for having a great sense of humour and making it fun!!

Wouldn't surprise me if our TT imposter wasn't a plant given Rob's comments lol!!

I'll be gutted if it is as I'll have no chance of getting that job ;D

Having run the numbers 5:14 through a highley expensive super computer I have reached the following possibilities A. It will Open on the 14th May 2013 B. It will have 14 inversions and 5 loops, C. There will be a total of 14 Inversions with a total of 5 inside D. All Or A mixture of Above

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

So, I've just been followed by @KelmanPharma, or Kelman Pharmaceuticals, on Twitter. Their first tweet reads:

Rx CR-5:14/2-1PL #getcorrected

Reckon there's a good 80-90% chance it's just a fan-run account, but there's a small chance it could be legit...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.