• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

They look like LED screens don't they? At least they're a little more reliable than generic TV screens.

I'm hoping that they made the sensible decision to use industry standard size, shape and easily sourceable parts though. Just makes it easier should any screen need replacing.

rightbackgranty said:
They look like LED screens don't they? At least they're a little more reliable than generic TV screens.

I'm hoping that they made the sensible decision to use industry standard size, shape and easily sourceable parts though. Just makes it easier should any screen need replacing.

Going to be interesting to find out what they are quality wise when they are turned on. Fascinated to know what they are going to have on them :) - I still think this ride will be at it's real best at Scarefest when the lights and atmosphere will make X-sector really special.

I don't even really like this theme, certainly not like the original anyway, but I think this will be bat poop crazy come October end :twirly:

Just in case any of you were a bit worried, a new shipping container has appeared on the site (it's just a bit difficult to photograph)

Whether or not its only there for construction reasons or there for the actual ride remains to be seen.

n2zc4l.png

Wilsy said:
Just in case any of you were a bit worried, a new shipping container has appeared on the site (it's just a bit difficult to photograph)

Whether or not its only there for construction reasons or there for the actual ride remains to be seen.

I noticed that earlier, shows how big that fence is as I thought it was a lot smaller than a shipping container! I figured it would be a central control unit for The Marmaliser?

The shipping container is part of the new smiler "on site" bedrooms similar in design to the crash pad at thorpe park, only 6 times the cost ;)

TheMan said:
rightbackgranty said:

Going to be interesting to find out what they are quality wise when they are turned on. Fascinated to know what they are going to have on them :) - I still think this ride will be at it's real best at Scarefest when the lights and atmosphere will make X-sector really special.

I don't even really like this theme, certainly not like the original anyway, but I think this will be bat poop crazy come October end :twirly:

I'm expecting / hoping that they are at least the same quality as the advertising boards that you see these days around the edges of football pitches in the Premier League. They're remarkably clear from both afar and close up. They certainly look a similar size / shape / thickness to the ones I've seen at football grounds.

I get a feeling that the shipping container will be a queueline shop as its colour looks suspiciously similar to that of the track / oblivions track and there was probably some paint left over! Though if so, its a big queueline shop!

Wilsy said:

n2zc4l.png

Ohh thank god, i genuinely thought this was going to be lacking in this Merlin tradition, it has Merlin satellite dishes, it couldn't be without a Merlin shipping container :p

In seriousness the Innoculator things look good, hopefully there will be more peripheral theming on each of the legs.

72141_461874803882378_181709996_n.jpg

Image from Towers2Go

If you look closely at this image, you can see two holes at the top of the syringe as well as what look like some sort of cables or pipes inside the syringe body.

Could these cables or pipes be for water to squirt the riders?

Well, this ride is getting slightly kinky. ;)

It really is coming together. Looks stunning.

Far better than a fake metal tree and fake ivy covering 13's station.

Andrew said:
If you look closely at this image, you can see two holes at the top of the syringe as well as what look like some sort of cables or pipes inside the syringe body.

Could these cables or pipes be for water to squirt the riders?

Nah, the hole on the left is power to insert the needle into the riders pocket, the hole on the right is suction to suck out any money found in their pocket ;)

I am loving the travel mug theming :D

smileupdate_zps1a54cf8b.jpg

What's the bet that shipping container will turn out to be a shop in the queue line?! :p

My God, that image of 'the innoculator' looks absolutely farsical

If that shipping container really is going to be used I will despair.

Whats next, covering the last Marmaliser leg in scaffolding?

EuroSatch said:
My God, that image of 'the innoculator' looks absolutely farsical

Really? i like it, huge syringes, nothing particularly worrying about them. Though i know this is subjective. My only less than favorable leg is the tickler and i hope that all the legs get more embellishments.

The Inoculator looks just like the concept so far:

article-0-185ADD0F000005DC-825_306x423.jpg

I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the way the theme is going. It isn't a really serious theme, it's crazy and a bit unbelievable and that's exactly how I see the Ministry of Joy. It's nice to have a theme that isn't coming across as totally serious and that is purely dark. It's different and that's how I like to see things at Towers. Of course others may think differently, it is just a matter of opinion.

:)

Rob said:
I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the way the theme is going. It isn't a really serious theme, it's crazy and a bit unbelievable and that's exactly how I see the Ministry of Joy. It's nice to have a theme that isn't coming across as totally serious and that is purely dark. It's different and that's how I like to see things at Towers. Of course others may think differently, it is just a matter of opinion.

:)

But...this is X-Sector?

sw75.png

To compare...

It looks like the thing is going to turn out like the Daily Fail images and with one exception i am fine with that (well two). I just can't help feeling that the legs shouldn't be exposed girders and should be completely clad. That said it's not a huge deal, i just think that would be more aesthetically pleasing. I'm not a major fan of the tickler but it might look good spinning.

The X-sector thing doesn't worry me as it's quite a camp area anyway, this isn't beyond the X-sector theme at all really and it gives the ride it's own identity.

Over-all though i think the thing looks great.

The Marmaliser looks so much better than the original planning application design.

The old design was fairly dull. This design seems a lot more dynamic and visually interesting.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.