• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Game Discussion

3b31a3e64bc4cf56ef7669738979db3f.jpeg

Scan this image.

:p

my high score is 13363 so far.

Apparently my device is not supported to play the game ::)

Anyone else have the same issue?

Annoyingly, my Galaxy S3 works fine, but my Nexus 7 is not supported despite this game being compatible with tablets!

The best I can do is 14033 14395 points. Oh and scanning the original AT logo does something cool too:

photo.jpg

What were the other images?

Edit: Oh, and the website says this about Apple and Android devices...
SUPPORTED DEVICES

iOS
Devices must be iOS 5.0 and up.

Android
Devices must have Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above.

That's why I can't understand why It's not working as my Tablet is Android and running several versions above Froyo.

Dagan said:
TheMan said:
ARGGGH OTSR!!!!!

Unless the final trains are an unlockable item in the worlds first section.

(Still hoping for lap bars in the face of the evidence)

With you on this one dude for sure.

As for the overall game though - the AR scanner is freaking awesome!

Remember, this is a free app, to win free prizes, and about a rollercoaster - anyone ever seen anything better in this context?

I haven't.

Well ****** done Towers! :twirly: :twirly: :twirly: :twirly: :twirly: :twirly: :twirly: :twirly:

(I presently just have the music playing on my phone)

EDIT:

One small thing though, when you first enter, you have a normal queue and a fast track queue - NO NEED ON THE GAME Towers!! No need!!

REPEAT AFTER ME: We Are NOT Thorpe Park, We Are NOT Thorpe Park.

Tim said:
Apparently my device is not supported to play the game ::)

Anyone else have the same issue?
This may be an issue with the use of the Android Camera permission! Unavoidable i'm afraid as the store sees it as a requirement i think :)

Has anyone else noticed the first set of large inversions (halfloop, inverted corkscrew, half loop) aren't on the game and have to segment to unlock - have we lost an inversion?

One thing is for sure if the finished ride turns out like this - they will need a long row of buckets along the exit path! This one for sure if gonna make people chuck!

I dunno why the Nexus 7 always seems to get left out of releases, but hopefully this will work for you guys. [Link removed for copyright reasons] to the APK itself on my dropbox. This should allow you to install providing you've enabled installation from unknown sources. Let me know if it works :).

Craig said:
I dunno why the Nexus 7 always seems to get left out of releases, but hopefully this will work for you guys. Here's a direct link to the APK itself on my dropbox. This should allow you to install providing you've enabled installation from unknown sources. Let me know if it works :).

Beat me to it! :p This will help everyone! :D And I think it is it's lack of a camera, but not 100%

Completed it, now I'll just bash for high score. The one disappointing thing is the lack of high score leaderboards :(

Oh wow! Love, Love, Love this game! Very addicting and I love the music, I sincerely hope it gets incorporated into the ride somehow! :twirly:

Maybe they'll come later in a future update? They could be one of the worlds first elements menu items. Obviously, they aren't a first in themselves, but if we are right in thinking it's the worlds first x times inverting coaster then hiding them until it's open would be a simple way to keep the cat in the bag.

I quite like the way they've done it really. Not only does it keep the secret under wraps, but it also means that come May time a lot of people shall be picking up the game and playing it once more. It keeps the player hooked with new content for a period, rather than the game launching and then dying off after a week or two.

All in all I'm really impressed with the game. The quality of the product is far better than I expected, and I think it's a brilliant addition to what has, for me, been one of the Resort's best marketing campaigns (In that it's still so secretive and mysterious) :)

Dan said:
So far I have been playing with the camera app. If you put the following image in front of it
pic-keyvisual-02.jpg

You get

Loving this. The only other thing that it seems to work on is the AR logo on the Smiler website.

I'll be honest I've been playing this for ten minutes and I'm pretty bored of it. Might keep the app for the daily spin but that's all. :/