• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Every previous ride I’ve had on Smiler has left me with a migraine - Any recommendations which seats/rows are the smoothest experience?
Front middle is near enough glossy smooth. You barely feel anything in those 2 middle seats. Even the outer seats on the front are relatively smooth. Never personally had a problem with 2nd and 3rd row they’re not too bad. Back row can be pretty brutal tbh it does give you a headache when you sit at the back

Yep and if you're a taller build try to not have the restraints too tight as if they're pushed right into my chest and shoulders that's when I start to feel the jolts more.
As for migraines unless it's because you're physically headbanging the restraints it might be a case of you need to avoid rougher coasters, fortunately most of towers coasters are all quite smooth.

Every previous ride I’ve had on Smiler has left me with a migraine - Any recommendations which seats/rows are the smoothest experience?
Yeah probably at the front but it’s still hit and miss. Keep your head forward a bit so it’s not smashing off the back of the seat.

Otherwise, just give it a miss. It’s not worth the aggravation of ruining your day for one ride.

To be fair, it’s pretty much the only part of Oblivion’s layout full stop. Brevity is one of Oblivion’s great strengths; it does one trick, but it does it pretty damn well!
Does it do it that well? I’ve only been on 2 drop towers in this country (Apocalypse and Detonator) and I think they both comfortably have a better drop than Oblivion

Every opinion is sacred.
I consider brevity is, as always has been, Oblivions very obvious weakness.
Heard the comment from other punters in the first week of operation, and very often since.
Fair point; perhaps I should edit my original post to say “in my view”.

I think Oblivion’s length is a double-edged sword. It is for me, anyway. I stand by what I said about brevity being one of its great strengths for me; similarly to a ride like Stealth, its pound-for-pound brilliance takes it a certain distance within my rankings. On the other hand, however, its length is probably the one thing that keeps it out of my top 10 and 10/10 tier. SheiKra, a longer and taller Dive Coaster, is in my top 10 and 10/10 tier at #7; that additional length and height does just give it something that Oblivion lacks for me.

Does it do it that well? I’ve only been on 2 drop towers in this country (Apocalypse and Detonator) and I think they both comfortably have a better drop than Oblivion
At the risk of going off-topic, a dive coaster is very different to a drop tower and they are designed to give different experiences so it seems pointless comparing the drops on them. Of course you can compare vertical drops on various coasters but comparing them to a drop tower seems to be not appreciating the fundamental differences between them.

And as for Oblivion, it clearly looks down on the Smiler, I’m not sure how anyone could think different.

Last edited: