• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

I think it was one shots. However I’ve just looked on the app and you can’t buy a one shot for The Smiler until next Monday - does this now mean AT know it won’t be opening until Monday at the earliest?
No it just means they've sold out hahahahaha

I very much doubt they've sold out all the way up until 1st November... none of the other one shots are sold out even for tomorrow! I think they must have taken them off for now.

I very much doubt they've sold out all the way up until 1st November... none of the other one shots are sold out even for tomorrow! I think they must have taken them off for now.

Ooh err! Sounds like it may be down for the whole of Scarefest then. What do we think the odds are that it won't reopen this season?

Ooh err! Sounds like it may be down for the whole of Scarefest then. What do we think the odds are that it won't reopen this season?
I think the odds for it reopening this season are getting lower and lower as the days go by. If they have to fit the part and then do loads of testing it might well be that its near enough the end of the season for them to just do it over winter.

A station repaint is pretty pointless if no one can actually ride the damn thing!
I'm sure there's an element of sarcasm in your comment and I read it as such, but just in case not - why not do it now? If it was scheduled for winter maintenance anyway and they have the resources available now (obviously B&Q had the paint in stock) then why put it off?

I'm sure there's an element of sarcasm in your comment and I read it as such, but just in case not - why not do it now? If it was scheduled for winter maintenance anyway and they have the resources available now (obviously B&Q had the paint in stock) then why put it off?
Whilst I agree with your point, if it doesn't open for the rest of the season then there's probably no point painting as it will be in a state by the time the season starts again!

Whilst I agree with your point, if it doesn't open for the rest of the season then there's probably no point painting as it will be in a state by the time the season starts again!
Yeah but if it is inside the station then it shouldn't degrade between now and next season

I think the odds for it reopening this season are getting lower and lower as the days go by. If they have to fit the part and then do loads of testing it might well be that its near enough the end of the season for them to just do it over winter.

17 days (inc today) till end of season so not that long and going by the effort required to keep everything else running. I came to the my own conclusion awhile back that if it was open yesterday then I wouldn't expect it to open till next season. As been said, we don't know what wrong & have zero knowledge of how much testing is required after repair.

I do hope they prove me wrong thou.

I think the only real day that has hope of having the Smiler open is Halloween. I very much so doubt they’d open it just for one day, but considering it would most likely be their busiest day, if it was able to operate they just might. That’s wishful thinking though aha

I think the only real day that has hope of having the Smiler open is Halloween. I very much so doubt they’d open it just for one day, but considering it would most likely be their busiest day, if it was able to operate they just might. That’s wishful thinking though aha

Well if they could get it open for Halloween then logically it should stay open until the end of the season. There's no sense in them opening it for one day only to shut it again.

The ride is either safe to operate or it isn't. They either get it fixed or they don't. That's all there is to it the way I see it.

Well if they could get it open for Halloween then logically it should stay open until the end of the season. There's no sense in them opening it for one day only to shut it again.

The ride is either safe to operate or it isn't. They either get it fixed or they don't. That's all there is to it the way I see it.
Spot on, there is no in-between. If it's not safe to operate, it won't open. That's it. :)

Yeah it makes sense, to be honest I just don’t know when the season ends this year

Yeah it makes sense, to be honest I just don’t know when the season ends this year
Most of the big coasters don't operate after the Fireworks event. Think the only coasters that operate during the Christmas event are Spinball and Octonaughts.

Has anyone checked to see if Smiler one-shot Fasttracks are still on sale for tomorrow/rest of this week? We know they were still available for tomorrow earlier this week but were pulled for other dates.

Has anyone checked to see if Smiler one-shot Fasttracks are still on sale for tomorrow/rest of this week? We know they were still available for tomorrow earlier this week but were pulled for other dates.
the last time i checked the earliest one shots available were from November 1st
EDIT: just checked again, one shot fast tracks are now completely unavailable for The Smiler for the rest of the season.

Does anybody else think it's bad how Alton Towers don't mention anything about The Smiler being closed on their website? People will turn up expecting it to be open. It's not fair to people paying a lot of money to pretend everything will be fine when they know in advance it won't be.