• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

<3

;D

EDIT:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! CLEVER!!!!

Nom nom nom nom.

The Sanctuary REMAINS!!!!

*ahem* to all those who said it has a minimal part by the way.

The new video has digital projection happening, if the whole room is going to be like that then we have confirmation of 3D digital projection mapping at work. The queue / pre ride show is going to be insane.

I love the subtle hints to the rest of X Sector. (Well, sort of subtle...)

I can't wait for Part 3. It's getting better and better!

Love the ending...the crazy laughing with the optical illusions filling the wall. Really crazy. Great to see Gerry again as well!

So we have reference to Oblivion and Submission in that video (possibly even Enterprise at a push, if you think about him pacing in circles around the spiral). It looks like they're really making an effort to tie the area together under the experimental theme.

Dr Kelman is such a brilliant character, was worried that we'd seen the end of him with the closing of The Sanctuary.

I have to say that this is a fantastic marketing stunt and is a testament to the team! Can't wait to see where they go with this!

I have had a crap couple of weeks, for this to get me this excited and happy is something else.

The most original and unique marketing campaign, certainly for a ride, I have ever witnessed.

This is brilliant.

I have A LOT of love for the team who put this together.

Brilliant. Fantastic. Amazing. Love it love it love it.

Looks like we're in for at least 4 videos (possibly showing the other 2 tapes?), due to the fact there's space for 4 clues and only 2 are clickable at the moment. Absolutely creepy and fantastic stuff though, and I love the hints to the rest of X Sector.

Also, the fact we haven't seen Danny yet interests me. Get a feeling that there'll be a twist to do with him in a later video...

That's absolutely brilliant! There are several clear references to the rest of x-sector, and a subtle nod to the smiler logo being placed on top of Rehydrator too.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this campaign develops and it's great to see something like this coming from Towers - with Thirteen the only vaguely interesting stuff was fan made.

I get the impression that The Smiler is the work of Miles Cedars, continuing the work that the Ministry of Joy started with The Sanctuary. Great videos so far!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.