• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It works for me now. Though they do need to change where it says winners will be notified by Friday 18th May, that's not a day this year! I guess they mean the 17th.

:)

The trouble early I think was due to clue 2. You could enter 'Its time 2' or 'It's time 2' and get a tick, but only using 'Its time 2' let you continue to enter your details (at least, that's what happened with me).

Seems to have been sorted now though, and let's you use either of the phrases. :)

Towseriv said:
Alastair said:
Slightly pedantic, but also (presuming he is answering a FaceTime call from Miles Cedars) there should be a small image of his own face on the screen. :p

Skype?

Even more icons with Skype... ;)

Skype-Video-Calls.jpg

Safari on iPhone 4 worked fine for me /:

Don't resist
It's time 2
Get corrected
Smile

That's exactly how I typed it, complete with autocorrect

It must have been fixed quickly as it now works correctly.

Also, perhaps Miles has control over devices as part of his experiments etc..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regarding the 'Random Calling'

Miles did say 'We've been watching you', and TBH a mysterious organisation that has been watching you and can give people a permanent smile can probably video call you/hack your phone :p

Now I can get people complaining about the film effects... But come on, complaining about how they are video calling?!

That's a while new level of geekdom, movies use fictional OS's and video software all the time.

If I'm honest, I just assumed they had managed to hack into the phone and play the message directly or upload a pre-recorded video. Movies and TV shows do it all the time, take Revenge for example. It's probably possible in technical terms (I wouldn't know) and if its not its a common trope so give them artistic license eh!

If the Ministry of Joy can access our memories they can access our phones...

Random question, but I've put all the clues in and submitted my application to be among the first to ride. I haven't received any email confirmation, and am a bit concerned. Did anyone else get email confirmation or is it just me that didn't get any?

Jonathan said:
Random question, but I've put all the clues in and submitted my application to be among the first to ride. I haven't received any email confirmation, and am a bit concerned. Did anyone else get email confirmation or is it just me that didn't get any?

I didn't get a confirmation but I wasn't really expecting one. I assume once you have the on screen confirmation your in for a chance to get corrected!

Mikey:SubTerra said:
Jonathan said:

I didn't get a confirmation but I wasn't really expecting one. I assume once you have the on screen confirmation your in for a chance to get corrected!
I'd hope so. I did get the on-screen confirmation, so that should be enough, but I'd still appreciate email confirmation just for peace of mind, really.

Alton Towers' new roller-coaster, billed as the first of its kind in the world, will preview today, ahead of its opening on May 23.

How weird! It makes no sense as to why they would put this up :/

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.