• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It is interesting that there was no inside footage during the ride by the GMTV woman.

Maya said:
Yeah..my parents think I have problems.

you are a member of this forum :D

I read it as this is their second worlds first coaster...only Oblivion has actually been advertised as a worlds first.....Air wasnt, Th13teen was advertised as the ultimate ride or some crap....could just be me reading it wrong. not getting to excited...what we already know is amazing

The Smiler, which is Alton Towers Resort's biggest ever investment at £18m, took over eight months to build and the second world first element has been kept under wraps since construction began back in September.

Right that sums it up. Wardley said it in his interviews, now it is in the official press release.

What it is? Who knows. But it IS there. No question. I still cannot believe there are people denying it's existence even now.

I guess some just will not believe it till they ride it and find out.

We know projection mapping is likely to be involved, we know it is meant to mess with your mind, we know Mr W is rather excited by the whole thing, and we know it is one they are not going to release as "you will have to ride it to find out".

You honestly think, John Wardley would be that positive lauding a barrel roll with a couple of strobe lights??

I said ages ago, watch the game, the walls are twisted! I noticed it straight away and assumed they'd actually design the walls in this way, then when it was clear they weren't and projection mapping was mentioned, I am convinced that they will be using it to warp the walls somehow.

If not fine, but there will be something else.

They aren't exactly hiding that fact are they? They're just hiding, exceptionally well, what it actually is!

I've seen a couple of Tweets from Blue Peter people about The Smiler, including presenter Barney Harwood. It's a good move, although I'm not sure how many of Blue Peter's viewers would be able to ride it. :p

The website has failed in the process too ;-)

Edit:
The four clues don't actually work at present when clicking 'Continue'

84a9f23158624f2d8b60499.png

T said:
The website has failed in the process too ;-)

Edit:
The four clues don't actually work at present when clicking 'Continue'

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9034/84a9f23158624f2d8b60499.png/img]
[/quote]

They have worked for me:

1) Do Not Resist
2) Its Time 2
3) Get Corrected
4) Smile

Hopefully I am one of the lucky 8! :D

Indeed, nothing happens when you enter the clues and click continue, it just reloads the page.

Slightly disappointed by the final video, didn't do much for me. The post-editing seemed even worse than on the previous 3 videos as well; it's far too dramatic. There's no reason why the film would become so fuzzy (probably not the correct technical word).

:)

Slightly pedantic, but also (presuming he is answering a FaceTime call from Miles Cedars) there should be a small image of his own face on the screen. :p

Alastair said:
Slightly pedantic, but also (presuming he is answering a FaceTime call from Miles Cedars) there should be a small image of his own face on the screen. :p
And a big red 'End' call button!

T said:
Andrew said:
vid-entry-headerimage.jpg

This image pops up when you've entered the competition correctly. :)
I got all the ticks though :-(

What are you using to enter? Phone? Computer? Also what are you using browser-wise? Chrome? Firefox? Internet Explorer?

Try using a different browser. It works fine for me and I am using Chrome.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.