• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - NL Recreation

lewis97

TS Member
I've been working on this over the past many months, and yes I know it's not perfectly accurate but you can now download and ride The Smiler yourself HERE!

Here are some overview shots, and if there are any particular things you want to see I can also screenshot those for you (whether this be in the editor, in sketchup or in the simulator etc.)

You can find my dedicated topic over on TT HERE.

The+Smiler-130523203256000.bmp

The+Smiler-130523203318001.bmp

The+Smiler-130523203335002.bmp

The+Smiler-130523203352003.bmp

That's looking great so far. One thing I would suggest from glancing at it, grey your colours up a bit more, it'll make it look more real!

Really good. I think there need to be a few tweaks (mainly using LIMs for magnetic braking), but seriously it looks really good :)

Bear said:
That's looking great so far. One thing I would suggest from glancing at it, grey your colours up a bit more, it'll make it look more real!

What do you mean by this? On the CS?

And I didn't know what to expect from that video, at first I thought they were genuine 'improvements', but I suppose that is more accurate ;) Just checking, but there wasn't anything that was actually tweaked that I may have missed, as your camera appeared to do a strange sort of fish eye thing.

Only change was changing the slow bit to a brake in the editor :p

Multiple shots filmed then pieced together in Vegas. Camera angle is using the change field of view button in NL.

I'm actually really sh!t at NL, have used it for years and still seem no better than when I bought it :-[