• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Train Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Restraints being pushed down depends on the ride. Rides such as Nemesis and Oblivion you tend to always have a bit of room. Ride such as Th13teen and Air it can be pushed down to the point of squeezing you beyond all belief.

The Smiler, I hope, will follow Oblivions and Nemesis' restraint systems, so you will always have some room on there. I think we've got to remember too that depending how it rides, more room could cause more of a head banger.

I tend to keep my harness open as far as it can (safely) be, by sitting forward in my seat when the host checks the restraints. I don't like being held in tightly, and it allows me to have a half decent ride photo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From my experiences on SAW at Thorpe Park, generally the staff only pull on your harness slightly to check its locked. I have never had any staff there push down on the harness.

djtruefitt said:
From my experiences on SAW at Thorpe Park, generally the staff only pull on your harness slightly to check its locked. I have never had any staff there push down on the harness.

I've always found Gerstlauer's trains and restraint system better in this respect. Without the unnecessary belt it cuts down on faff and is a lot easier on the dispatching.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.