• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler: What does the future hold?

Think over rides that have had problems with the press should have it to sonic, 13, Rita, air, octanauts, RMT ;)

But yeah, worded differently.

(I think) I could see trains in the station of The Smiler (from the X Sector toilets) which I guess could mean they've been testing. If one or two are stored there anyway it could be irrelevant. If that's the case, The Smiler looks as dead as a dodo at the moment.

Having visited today! When looking down on the smiler from oblivion, it looks so grimy and dirty!!! It needs a bloody good clean and a face lift after only 2 and a half seasons!

Doesn't the Smiler have three trains though? So if two crashed & have been taken by the HSE then that would leave one? & they get stored inside the station over the winter don't they? Not anywhere else they can put them (that I know of)

I'm sure it will get some TLC in the closed season, they can't be seen to be working on it otherwise they'de have people noticing & commenting on it in forums;) which would then show everyone that it is in fact going to get re-opened at some point. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Doesn't the Smiler have three trains though? So if two crashed & have been taken by the HSE then that would leave one? & they get stored inside the station over the winter don't they? Not anywhere else they can put them (that I know of)

I'm sure it will get some TLC in the closed season, they can't be seen to be working on it otherwise they'de have people noticing & commenting on it in forums;) which would then show everyone that it is in fact going to get re-opened at some point. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think it has 5 trains.

Thank you for the confirmation guys:) but as my initial point was... Seeing trains in the station means nothing does it? Surely they're there for storage purposes? Or does the Smiler have additional storage facilities?

I mean, where do they put the trains when their undergoing maintenance? The rest of the roller coasters have external garages where they work/maintain the rides. All I have seen on the Smiler is that bay to the left of the break run before re-entering the station, but that's not much of a storage facility:confused:

Thank you for the confirmation guys:) but as my initial point was... Seeing trains in the station means nothing does it? Surely they're there for storage purposes? Or does the Smiler have additional storage facilities?

I mean, where do they put the trains when their undergoing maintenance? The rest of the roller coasters have external garages where they work/maintain the rides. All I have seen on the Smiler is that bay to the left of the break run before re-entering the station, but that's not much of a storage facility:confused:
Yeah I'm pretty sure the garage adjacent to the final brake run can only hold a few of the cars, so they always keep a couple in the station because that's where there's room for them.... I think. :p

Yeah I'm pretty sure the garage adjacent to the final brake run can only hold a few of the cars, so they always keep a couple in the station because that's where there's room for them.... I think. :p

It's not much of a garage though lol doesn't even have a roofo_O. But thank you @Tom.B

Anyway back to the topic at hand... Has anyone actually seen anything that would indicate ride testing is happening?