• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler: What does the future hold?

The garage is the corrugated metal structure next to the final break run.

I know this is the least of their worries but would be nice for when it does reopen they are able to make them duel.

I've only ever seen it happen once, on video. And it looked amazing!

Also, I'm going on Friday but does anyone have any pics of how it looks now? I've been told it looks terrible.

I've duelled on 2 of the 12 times I've rode it. It's a completely different experience when you're on the front row & you go over the first & second lift hill & they come within inches of each other!
It's all down to through put though I suppose, which would also be one of the last thing on their minds when it re-opens.

I went last month & the only criticism I have is how different & empty X-Sector now feels without it running & the music playing. I personally think that people are only just noticing the state of the track because the trains aren't running, normally they're so concentrated on the trains flying around that they don't even notice the track. But now there's no trains running they're noticing the wear & tear of the track. But again... That's my opinion:)

Smiler looking a bit rusty
B93D59A2-EC60-4B15-B967-AD317F187EFF_zpsdf6pxzxj.jpg

The whole ride area looks a mess and filthy. I hope when they do reopen it (or over closed season) they give the whole ride and track some TLC. For something that has only been around for 2 years it looks more like it has been there for 10 years!

The whole ride area looks a mess and filthy. I hope when they do reopen it (or over closed season) they give the whole ride and track some TLC. For something that has only been around for 2 years it looks more like it has been there for 10 years!

To be honest, with all the drama and stuff with it since it was finally built it feels like it's been around for 10 years!

The metal under oblivion track at the top was very rusty, but I'm not sure if it's because it hasn't ran for months, but it didn't look great. I'm sure a paint and a clean would make it look like it opened 2 years ago, not 20.

The track will be rusty unfortunately as the trains haven't been running for a while.

It's less to do with the ride being decrepit and more to do with it being idle.

The track will be rusty unfortunately as the trains haven't been running for a while.

It's less to do with the ride being decrepit and more to do with it being idle.
Other rides cope with this during the closed season so the track really shouldn't be rusting

Wasn't the paint on the track making it more prone to stalling though? I'm sure I read that somewhere. So if that is true (not saying it is) wouldn't a fresh coat of paint bring back the stalling? Which would then have the media all over it again.

No, there is no trace of any accident apart from the track looking a little rusty, and the ride being quiet.