• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Space Topic

I've recorded that series but still not watched it yet...

In other news, the media are making a big deal out of "Britain's first astronaut" currently being on the ISS. Have they forgotten about Helen Sharman, who visited Mir all the way back in 1991? Or is she technically classed as a cosmonaut?

I thought it!/ something to do with funding? Helen was privately funded while Tim is going on public money.

Why should that matter? They both still went in to space. Under that logic, the only true theme parks in the world would be the state funded Chinese / Korean show parks. :p

Any skyscrapers?

Interestingly though, the next one's due to land on the dark side.

I want to know how they plan on getting any coms from the far (not dark) side of the moon without a direct line of sight? They will need at least one, if not two satalites in orbit around the moon to relay the signal.

In other news, one of the rovers has found a plastic bag on Mars. Not a blurry photo of a shape on the horizon that turns out to be a rock, nope, an actual plastic bag. It drove right over it, stopped, reversed and had a good look. Then it scooped up the bag and dirt around it for evaluation. The bag is currently inside the rover being "examined".

Reactions: Dar
Them plastic bags get everywhere, i wonder if it got linstand technology on it? (You got go know your rovers to know that link)

On Thursday, SpaceX managed to blow up one of their rockets on the launch pad, destroying a $200 million satellite in the process. The video is pretty spectacular (skip to 1:10):

Disappointing to see this happen just 8 months after returning to flight after their last accident, and when their first stage landings have been going so well.

Last edited:
On Thursday, SpaceX managed to blow up one of their rockets on the launch pad, destroying a $200 million satellite in the process. The video is pretty spectacular (skip to 1:10):

Disappointing to see this happen just 8 months after returning to flight after their last accident, and when their first stage landings have been going so well.

Aliens did it.

Oh my. This is game changing.
I beg you to take an hour out of your time to watch this wonderful piece of film. Watch it all, including the end credits. All will make sense then.

Do not read this spoiler until you have watched it all!
Did you really watch it all?
Really?
All six parts? Right to the very end?
Alright then. I trust you.
rotfl3.gif
Bwahahaha! Genius. it's "game changing" as far as hoaxes go! :p
I must admit, it almost had me for a second. It feels like the kind of thing you would see on BBC Four. A brilliant example of how careful editing of real footage with fake, and the right presentation can make anything convincing. And most impressive of all, it was genuinely entertaining to watch.