• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
A few points made in the SW7 construction thread have led to me feeling the need for a topic about the discussion of toilets on park.

First of all, a positive point. Today there was hot water coming from the taps in Forbidden Valley Skyride station toilets. This has been the case for the majority of the year and is a nice change to the cold water found in all other toilets on park.

Now the negatives. The toilets on park are really not up to standard at all. The taps are useless, most of the water is cold, the toilets themselves get very cold on days that are not warm due to a lack of heaters and the general state/decor of them is barely half decent. It would be nice to be able to have toilets on park that you don't mind using, that have a clean and fresh feel to them and are in a good working order. The new toilet block built at Thorpe Park is a good example of how the toilets should be, and a lot of the toilets at Chessington have been refurbished and are very nice despite being too small.

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if say next year all the park toilets have been refurbished?

:)

Haha! I always think I sound like some kind of freak when I mention the toilets at Alton Towers, but they are actually HORRIBLE! :'(

The fact they are so old and dated make them look unclean. Infact quite often on busy days, or depending on the time of day the can be unclean. Me being the OCD Clean Freak that I am doesn't like this lol. So I actually NEVER go to the toilet at the park. My body just seems to know not to need now.

I find it strange though, that they have never refurbished them to date. Considering how busy they are, and the fact it's the UK's Number 1 Theme Park you would think they would want modern toilets. They remind me of the toilets from school years ago!

I don't really pay much attention to the toilets when I'm there, to be honest. I do agree that they come across as dull and needing a bit of attention in general, though.

Saying that, I was disgusted on arrival at my last visit. The toilets at the monorail station were filthy and, without going into too much detail, there were soiled sanitary items lying on the floor. And this was around/before 8.30am! It led us to believe that they hadn't been cleaned (properly, at least) since the park closed the day before. I don't know the details of the cleaning rota so I can't say that for sure, but at such an early time it does make that your initial thought.

tldr: They are shabby and could do with some love!

We need themed toilets... With flagstone floors like at that certain German themepark we all know and love!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ideally what Alton Towers could do (which would be a far better approach) is refurb a toilet block every season. I highly doubt it costs a lot to refurb one block.

Themed toilets would be nice, although at the very least I'd rather see them stay generic and just generally modernised. :)

James said:
Ideally what Alton Towers could do (which would be a far better approach) is refurb a toilet block every season. I highly doubt it costs a lot to refurb one block.

Themed toilets would be nice, although at the very least I'd rather see them stay generic and just generally modernised. :)

Would I be pushing it if I was to request these as well:

dyson-airblade-hand-dryer.jpg

;)

Recession or not and falling visitor numbers or not, the UK's biggest leisure attraction should have the best of everything.

No excuses, really.

So yes, that does include Dyson Airblades.

:)

Doesn't have to be an Airblade, just one of those ridiculously powerful normal hand dryers that are just as powerful as Airblades but aren't as "revolutionary."

well this topic is flushed with comments. :D :-[

The only toilets that don't seem too bad are the tower street ones, by turn stiles. Maybe due to them being themed. The rest of the loos range from little chef though Chester services to disused festival.

The last time i went there was a seat missing from one of the loos, no heating, doors that did not lock or you had to lift them to get locking.
then you have interesting reading material on the walls and doors, not what children should see on a family day out.

The toilets do not shock me. I do drive students around the country for a living, and use anything i am presented with.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
delta79 said:
to disused festival.

Huh?

:p

Once students where camping at a festive site 6 months after it had happened. the loos where in the same condition as they were on the last day of the festival.

Can't believe i'm contributing to a toilet topic but...

They have Dyson airblades on Towers Street

(ohh the shame)

:D

Dave said:
Can't believe i'm contributing to a toilet topic but...

They have Dyson airblades on Towers Street

(ohh the shame)

:D

What? Since when? Where? I demand PICTURES!

Airblades < 3

Wow we are all such toilet GEEKS. But seriously, the toilets at Towers are generally awful - like crap service station awful!

Am I the only one who thinks Airblades are overrated? I find AirForce driers much better.

All bogs are a disgrace, should be ashamed, bad impressions, yadda yadda yadda.....