• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Is it bad that I think some (The Monorail, Gloomy Wood and Dark Forest) are actually not that bad? I know they could be better, but they are usually clean at least!

As a whole the toilets repulse me each and every time I fill myself up with too much Quencher-joose, & require their usage. It's absolutely vile the state of things, and they all need updating!

That said, I try and make use of the Dark Forest utilities as these are the best of a bad bunch.

The park toilets are horrendous. The only attention I can think of them receiving in recent years is the vinyl on the doors on Towers St toilets and the added sound effects.

People may not come to the park for the toilets, but that shouldn't be an excuse to not pay any care or attention to them.

Mind you, it's quite common for things like this to be lacking in the park, there are lots of things over the park that could do with some attention.

I do find it interesting though that they felt the hotel toilets worthy of a continuation of the surrounding theme, and ATH toilets have had a make over in recent years. Why haven't they carried the same idea to the theme park?

Presumably with the recent cuts to rides and attractions, there's "bog" all money left for things like the toilets.

I'm not undermining the work of the cleaners by saying any of the toilets I've ever used on park are filthy, just that they're extremely outdated and in need of some attention.

Cold water on cold hands in a cold toilet block on a cold day.. not nice!

Oh, and the ladies toilets in Mutiny Bay had sensor activated sound effects installed in them at one point - I refused to use them because every time a lady sat down, it'd shout "THAAARRR SHE BLOWS!" or something equally as distasteful!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The toilets at Atlon Towers are very outdated compared to most places but i guess they properly do try there best to keep it clean where i work they will clean a toilet and within about 15 mins it will look like a bomb has hit it again! Thorpe parks are very good, most time i go to a toilet there, there's someone cleaning it, Chessignton toilets are a bit hit and miss, They have one by the entrance toilet and the one of the way to vampire are like portable block toilets, but they are very clean and tidy (i tired looking on google maps for a pic but can't find one)

DiogoJ42 said:
Am I the only one who thinks Airblades are overrated? I find AirForce driers much better.

All bogs are a disgrace, should be ashamed, bad impressions, yadda yadda yadda.....

I agree my hands always feel damp still after using one but a airforce one seems to work better,

Plus these hand driers SAVE MONEY so I am surprised they have not been installed yet

The loos definitely need a refurb. Many of the taps don't work and the soap dispensers are appalling. Lots of those were broken. I found myself shuffling along the sinks trying all of the dispensers until I found one that worked.... Then back I went to find a half decent tap. It's hard to wash your hands when you have bags on one arm and need to constantly hold down the tap to get it to work!!... :-X Oooh... also, the toilet block in FV is too small for such a popular area of the park.

Sazzle said:
I refused to use them because every time a lady sat down, it'd shout "THAAARRR SHE BLOWS!" or something equally as distasteful!

Its not very often we disagree Saz, but I find that to be the funniest thing Ive read in ages! HAHAHA.

The park toilets are rank tho, if I need the loo when I arrive I always nip into Splash Landings first, they are lovely loos.

The worst offenders are the ones inside towers street, (which do have dyson airblades) they had individual doors on the loos and sound effects at one point, but quickly became awful - and I think there is a plumbing issue too, the floor is always VERY wet... yep, grim.

The hot water thing is another issue, we are in England, alton opens late into the season and into winter - the lack of warm water is rubbish. I dont want fancy all singing all dancing themed toilets - just somewhere thats not a throw back to the early 80s and looks like its had abit of TLC.

DynamiteDaly said:
I'd not fancy going into any of them in sandals or flipflops. Wellies maybe....
Heh, you can never tell which parts are water and which parts are well... not water. My feet feel disgusted in shoes let alone in flip flops!

Firstly i CAN NOT believe there is so much talk about toilets!!

Secondly the toilets at Towers are pretty rubbish, they have been in need of a refit for some time now, and not just the minor revamp they gave the Towers street toilets a few years ago, adding sound effects doesn't cover up the fact the toilets are a bit of a dive!

As for the Dyson air-blades. They were also part of the Towers street extraordinary toilets a couple of years ago but have since been removed, probably due to 90% of the public not understanding how to use them, merely waving their hands about in the gap as opposed to following the instructions!

If we are lucky SW7s budget will stretch to covering the X-Sector toilets windows to preserve the mens toilets privacy!

DaveW said:
As for the Dyson air-blades. They were also part of the Towers street extraordinary toilets a couple of years ago but have since been removed, probably due to 90% of the public not understanding how to use them, merely waving their hands about in the gap as opposed to following the instructions!

I know since the cost upwards of £1,500 per unit they are quite often leased! No doubt towers decided to remove them to save money!

Ollie said:
Is it bad that I think some (The Monorail, Gloomy Wood and Dark Forest) are actually not that bad? I know they could be better, but they are usually clean at least!

Well the ones in Gloomy Wood are bound to be nicer as they are newer - built in the early 90's as part of Tussauds first development.

DaveW said:
Firstly i CAN NOT believe there is so much talk about toilets!!

This is TTF TST ;)

Aly said:
DaveW said:

I know since the cost upwards of £1,500 per unit they are quite often leased! No doubt towers decided to remove them to save money!

And ouch! As much as they are great, I wouldn't say that they are that great! :eek:

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Ollie said:

Well the ones in Gloomy Wood are bound to be nicer as they are newer - built in the early 90's as part of Tussauds first development.

Thanks :) As far as the history of the toilets go (can't believe I'm saying this), which are the oldest then?

TBH, it's all about the old abandoned toilets founds deep within the gardens! ;) Actually, thinking about it, they are most likely the cleanest on the park!

Ollie said:
Thanks :) As far as the history of the toilets go (can't believe I'm saying this), which are the oldest then?

Just to point out beforehand - I havn't researched the toilets of Alton Towers (I might be sad but not quite that sad:p) but I remember reading in one topic that the main ones were all built in 1985 and opened by a celebrity of the time. These would be the Towers Street ones, the block just outside what is now X-Sector and Fountain Square as they are all similar in design.

I can only assume the ones under the Monorail and Skyride stations were built in 1987, when both the systems opened. The Skyride Forbidden Valley ones have a 90's feel to them so they must have been refurbished when Nemesis was built. Obviously Gloomy Wood ones opened with the area in '92.

BTW - would it be possible to rename this topic 'toilet talk'? ;)

:)

I must admit I'd love to see some themed toilets like in some of the European parks they are great and add to the experience of the day. Any upgrades have gotta have the airblades! There really good much better than the standard hand dryer.

To be honest, some of the toilets would be difficult to theme, because really, they aren't actually IN the themed areas, just between them.

Im not even that bothered if they are themed, or aren't. I just want them updated to be brought into the 21 century and cleaned up a bit, because they are dire.

Im not surprised this topic has got so much attention, it shows how much people pay attention to them.