• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Aly said:
TBH, it's all about the old abandoned toilets founds deep within the gardens! ;) Actually, thinking about it, they are most likely the cleanest on the park!

Lol! You do not want to go in those!

Trust me.

oldgitben said:
Im not surprised this topic has got so much attention, it shows how much people pay attention to them.
It's not surprising though... They're more important than you think! I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that a large percentage of mothers will recommend places dependent on their toilet experiences there!

mrbrightside said:
oldgitben said:
Im not surprised this topic has got so much attention, it shows how much people pay attention to them.
It's not surprising though... They're more important than you think! I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that a large percentage of mothers will recommend places dependent on their toilet experiences there!

Yup also doesn't help that I'm an OCD clean freak! Plus, there's no need to a large company like Alton Towers to have unclean toilets! :p

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Aly said:
TBH, it's all about the old abandoned toilets founds deep within the gardens! ;) Actually, thinking about it, they are most likely the cleanest on the park!

Where, WHERE!? :p

The Psychoaster said:
Aly said:

Here they are in all their glory! :p

226810_10150612326915343_3180683_n.jpg

227939_10150612326960343_2216806_n.jpg

I do have photos of them from the outside but I can't find them at the moment!

:)

Rob, I don't want to be awkward or anything but I think you've uploaded the wrong images. Thats clearly photo's of the Mutiny Bay toilets....

Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Aly said:

Here they are in all their glory! :p

226810_10150612326915343_3180683_n.jpg

227939_10150612326960343_2216806_n.jpg

I do have photos of them from the outside but I can't find them at the moment!

Where exactly are they though? A bit of exploration may be required on my next visit... ;)

Aly said:
Rob, I don't want to be awkward or anything but I think you've uploaded the wrong images. Thats clearly photo's of the Mutiny Bay toilets....

I've just literally burst out laughing at my friends house over that! :p

It's sad because the toilets in Mutiny Bay might as well look like that, they already looked abandoned as it is.

delta79 said:
Aly said:
doesn't help that I'm an OCD clean freak!

So if i need hand wipes when on a meet up I know where to come. ;D

If you need decontamination, I'm your man! ;)

James said:
Aly said:

I've just literally burst out laughing at my friends house over that! :p

It's sad because the toilets in Mutiny Bay might as well look like that, they already looked abandoned as it is.

James, how many times do I need to say it, the pictures ARE Mutiny Bay's toilets! ;)

Sure, the Toilets could do with a good clean and modernisation, but they aren't that bad in my opinion - they just look a bit dirty.

I seriously don't think that Alton want people to go home and recommend the toilets they have used on the park. :)

I agree with most people in this thread, pretty much all the toilets at alton towers are horrible and very 90s (or even 80s) in look and style. They are often clean and tidy but they are just old and no matter how hard you try to clean them, they still look dirty. Pretty much everyone always has a wet floor, cold water, rubbish taps and rubbish dryers.

The Towers Street ones are really too small, but the rest are fine in size (however some could do with more hand dryers like Mutiny Bay).

I dont think the toilets need to be themed, just refurbished to a good standard, they all need new floors, re painting, new toilets, sinks and proper hand dryers that dry your hands.

I was really impressed with the new Swarm toilets, they look really modern and have the nice fast hand dryers that you find in Wetherspoons pubs.

I dont see the fascination with dyson airblades. it would take at least 7 years to break even! (assuming everyone takes 10 seconds per dry - which does not dry your hands thoroughly )

'Normal' hand dryers are also a must for me as they can dry your face too... I have not yet seen anyone even attempt to put their head into a dyson airblade.

Considering the UK weather, face-drying is a must imo.

All in all, the toilets are not that bad, unless you need a poop, in which case they are. ( or you are a girl in the mens. ) normally it just somewhere to empty your bladder, which I find is a 'good time' which almost distracts from the experience as a whole...

I think they need a toilet in haunted hollow though, for some reason i always need one down there...

I don't think the toilets at in the park are actually that bad, ok, they might not be Disney standard but they are 100% better than the ones at Drayton Manor. I think it's just the rain and everything which makes them look messy etc. with people walking in.

siralgenon said:
I don't think the toilets at in the park are actually that bad, ok, they might not be Disney standard but they are 100% better than the ones at Drayton Manor. I think it's just the rain and everything which makes them look messy etc. with people walking in.

It's not really the fact they look messy. It's more of the fact they are outdated!

Most of the toilets have 80s/90s décor, with fixtures and fittings of those eras. The main problem with this is that for the UKs leading theme park resort it's pretty bad to have such outdated toilets. Hot water in taps is also hit and miss, some things like hand dryers are non-functional, taps occasionally do not work.

My idea a few pages ago I think it rather good, aim to modernise one block per year, the cost then will be spread over so many years and in the long run they will not have to have such an extensive refurbishment or update for another 10 years or so.

Even so, the rain is not really an excuse. Yeah it causes footmarks and manky prints on the floors, although Alton Towers do have cleaners! - and I've seen the floors cleaned before. It may be an excuse for how the floor looks now and again, but it's no excuse for all the toilet blocks being outdated and falling apart in areas.

JayMMayer said:
Sure, the Toilets could do with a good clean and modernisation, but they aren't that bad in my opinion - they just look a bit dirty.

I seriously don't think that Alton want people to go home and recommend the toilets they have used on the park. :)
Why can't toilets be nice? It doesn't take a lot to make them nice and presentable. I'm sure the fat cats at Blackstone and Merlin don't have to put up with toilets like the ones at the parks, so why should the paying customer? We shouldn't just go through life and accept things we dislike just because we think something else is more important. The facilities are just as important as the rides in my opinion. It all counts towards your overall experience, and I'm sure that 99.99% of people don't enjoy sitting or standing in someone's doings or to have to put up with ancient decor.

Having said that, Alton's toilets are heavenly compared to Thorpe's.

smudge said:
'Normal' hand dryers are also a must for me as they can dry your face too... I have not yet seen anyone even attempt to put their head into a dyson airblade.

Well as much as I'd love to see someone try and put their head into a Dyson Airblade, someone has tried to put a dog into one.

0.jpg

:p

BigAl said:
Well as much as I'd love to see someone try and put their head into a Dyson Airblade, someone has tried to put a dog into one.

0.jpg

:p

Haha that is actually brilliant!! Poor dog though, it probably didn't have a clue what was going on! :p

I was in the gloomy wood toilets last week, female, of corse, and saw they had a male cleaner? I really thought that was terrible :3

Maya said:
I was in the gloomy wood toilets last week, female, of corse, and saw they had a male cleaner? I really thought that was terrible :3

It does say outside the toilets.

"To increase regular clean ups and maintenance. Please be aware that both male and female cleaners may be present"

Or something along the lines of that.