• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The TowersStreet Christmas Video

Russell and I will take 21.

Begrudgingly on my part *cries* Joel poked me with a stick and made me!! ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think last years one was taken down earlier this year. Previous years before that I don't know where they've gone at all.

Vicki said:
Oh, go on then, I'll take line 19 if it's still available.

:)

Vick I'm afraid you were beaten to the line a few posts ago, sorry :(

Same as Saz - 21 is reserved unfortunately which is why its crossed out (although I dont think that shows on Tapatalk!).

All the lines have now been taken, however you can still sign up as a backup if someone drops out (although you may not get a choice of line!), just post below saying you want to be a backup and I'll let you know if someone drops out.

Also we're looking for people to record some "Merry/Happy Christmas" generic greetings to tag onto the end of the video, so if you'd like to wish all of your fellow TST'ers a merry festive season then you can submit a short clip also - all the details will be posted soon though!

WELL YOU FAIL.

I HATE YOU.

BAH HUMBUG.

Apparently Russell says we must be on the reserve list.

*sigh*

I've decided to drop out, although I did say to Sam that he could have mine :)

Well this serves me right for making a point of never reading Corner Coffee. First Christmas video of TST & I've missed out.

Soooo hopefully you've all planned your wonderfully festive and creative lines to sing and you're ready to record, as the deadline isn't far away.... right? :p

Here's some tips to help make everyone's lives easier with the video:

• You will be mixed in with backing music, so please sing quite loud. No shy efforts please! :p
  • You can sing with the song being played through a headphone, or VERY quietly in the background (please make sure its very very quiet!) to try and keep in time. But a in-ear headphone in one ear with the cable hidden down yer top is perfectly fine and helped many to sing last time!
  • You MUST MUST MUST include some "padding" with your video - around 5-10 seconds would be awesome either side. So start your recording, wait 5 seconds, then sing your line. Then wait another 5 seconds before stopping the recording! Why? It helps us edit the clips together smoothly, so please don't forget to do it!
  • You can record your video in any reasonable file format, but please try and record it in HD if you have the option - most modern smartphones allow this and a lot of recent webcams too
  • If you're using an iPhone, iPad or iDevice to record your video, for the love of the black-bar gods please please PLEASE hold your device horizontally (i.e. on its side, home button on the left side or right side) to record, and not portrait (how you would normally hold it with the home button at the bottom)

If you want to record a short christmas message if you're not a singer than you may do so following the above rules, and please try and keep your message less than 10 seconds over all too! :D

I will set up a place for you to upload or send your recordings to once you've done, or if you've done already then please drop me a PM and I'll sort it out with you now.

Finally, it just leaves me to say that we need all clips in by...

FRIDAY 14th DECEMBER 2012

... no exceptions! :p If I don't have a clip from you by this date I will offer your line out to someone else to sing.

If you envisage a problem and wish to surrender your line, please contact me as soon as possible so I can ask someone else to do it instead and give them chance to compose it too!

Many thanks again all, and if you have any questions feel free to drop them in here! :D

I spent hours on last year's video and it seems to have vanished from the internet so I have reuploaded it to the TowersStreet YouTube account.
So if you've never seen what the community Christmas videos are like here is last years, Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade!

Christmas video 2011

ohhh god i remember doing that and feeling how bad my throat was and how this made it so much worse

ill do my bit when the final part of my costume comes lol

I don't know why I let you out your attic sometimes! You are such a troll and very naughty. *points everyone to the signs behind Joel* ;)

thats a great video the signs behind joel was alone worth the 10 mins of sort a pc problem to watch it ;D