• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The TowersStreet Christmas Video

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
Edit: All the lines have now been taken, however you can still sign up as a backup if someone drops out (although you may not get a choice of line!), just post below saying you want to be a backup and I'll let you know if someone drops out.

Also we're looking for people to record some "Merry/Happy Christmas" generic greetings to tag onto the end of the video, so if you'd like to wish all of your fellow TST'ers a merry festive season then you can submit a short clip also - all the details will be posted soon though!

Hohoho, it's almost that time again when Christmas creeps up on us all and we all freak out looking for presents for our loved ones.

It's also time for our spread of Christmas cheer, and in traditional pre-TowersStreet style and continuing that style, we're putting together a festive video to put a warm smile on those cold winter faces!

As in the past we've selected a traditionally Christmas associated song to sing a long to, and with the launch of our fun new community we thought it was time to sing a fun little newer Christmas tune for our first year!

So we are we singing our merry little hearts out to? It's Gabriella Cimli, and Warm This Winter!

If you don't recognise the song from its title, then you might recognise it when you hear it...

Gabriella Cilmi - Warm This Winter - New Christmas Song!

Nice and upbeat and fun! Yay! :D

What do I need to do?

If you're a veteran of the traditional Christmas video, you know how it works. Skip to lyric selection below and we'll get you sorted.

If you've not done this before, basically you need a few things: 1) Courage, 2) Possibly alcohol, 3) Some festive decorations, 4) Lots of imagination, 5) a Webcam or other video recording device and finally 6) To sing a little line from a song in your own little style! :D

OH NO?! SINGING?!! Don't panic - there will likely be 20 other people like who who are just as bad at singing - give it your best shot and we'll give you a few tips soon too - but its all for fun!

Before everyone recoils in horror, we will relax the rules slightly and say you can sing "offscreen" if you wish, but you must make a live video recording of something else christmassy going on - not a post edited thing with some christmas screenshots in - do anything you like so long as its live with your singing. Get the family involved, get the dog or cat dressed up and involved... anything you like!

To take part, you'll need to select a line below to sing. Just one line - although if you're feeling brave, we may let you take another line later if theres some spare. You little video will be slotted together with everyone elses to make a magical Christmas video for everyone on TowersStreet! Yay! :D

Game for it?

You'll need to record your video and submit it by 15th December. So you've got 4 weeks to plan, think up some ideas if you need them, prepare and record your video.

I'll post more details on the formats and how to record your video soon, but in the mean time, heres the lines of lyrics to select from....

Lyric Selection

Crossed out - has been taken!

1. We met in the winter - And we fell in love Dave

2. Right by a fire place, We shared our first embrace - Jonathan
3 .And then inside my heart, I felt a fire start Gazag
4. It’s gonna snow outside, The weather will be cold Bear
5. But I’m gonna be warm (ho ho) this winter Bear

6. Each time your lips touch mine, They taste like sparkling wine djtruefitt
7. I feel so warm and loved, Just cause I love you so Sammy

8. Its cosy in your arms, If you’re so happy to hold Chris
9. But I’m gonna be warm (ho ho) this winter Nat

10. Ice skating on a frozen lake, Sleigh riding down a mountain slide Mike
11a. Roasting popcorn, dancing till the dawn LewisNavex
11b. That was how, a new love was born T

12. It’s just like make believe, Each night is new years eve Rowe
13. Each day is Xmas day, You make me feel this way Eddie
14. It’s gonna snow outside, The weather will be cold TowersFreak
15. But I’m gonna be warm (ho ho) this winter AshleeKel

16. You know it’s gonna snow outside, The weather will be cold AstroDan
17. But I’m gonna be warm (ho ho) this winter John

18. Oh Oh, You’ll make me warm this winter James
19. Oh baby make me warm (ho ho) this winter The Psychoaster

20. Oh Oh, You’ll make me warm this winter Meat Pie
21. Oh baby make me warm (ho ho) this winter

What do I need to do now then?

Simple - reply to this thread with your numbered lyric of choice, and first come first served to the lyrics.

Please please please don't pick something if you think you're not going to be able to do it - I know this happens every year but it would be awesome to get everyone to sing their little bit without asking people to sing lines at the last minute after people have dropped out :p

So share the festive spirit with your fellow TST'ers and get stuck in! :D

Any questions of course post them here and we'll do our best to answer.

I'll have line 8 and Nat will have line 9 :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

After seeing several demands comments by Joel in the secret TS Team chat I will get involved. :D

Line 18 please m'dear. :)

Oh go on then... Line 20.

Please note, I cannot be held responsible when blood begins to gush from your ears due to the horrendousness that is my singing voice.

I'm up for some humilation, apologies in advance for filming on a webcam and cheap mic headset.

17 please

I didn't/don't fancy taking a line, but is there going to be the usual 'Merry Christmas' at the end of the video? :)