• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The TST Questions Topic

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Yes, members can just ask a team member if they want a question answered. But what if they want a opinionated collective answer from the community? I saw a gap in the topic market and thought why not?

So basically a Quick Questions but for the site itself.

The first question is: Would I be allowed to have this as a signature (made upon surprise by Danny)? Possibly offensive content is in here so I was just wanted to make sure being the worrying sod that I am.

2m3slrm.jpg

Thanks all. Feel free to lock/remove this but I thought it could be needed.

Obviously not a Team member here, I would feel terribly uncomfortable seeing somebody's disembodied face in a signature and/or avatar! Gazag's included :p

The sig has no x-rated content or lewd language nor does it break the rules on size... If you want to advertise your slavedom then that's your call... the team wont stop you but might laugh a bit.

:D

You see, on other enthusiast sites you'd have been hung, drawn and quartered by now for using bright colours in your signature. Freedom is such a gift in the internet world.

Is there an ignore function available on this forum? I'm finding having to read certain peoples posts painful to read!

Thank you in advance for your help!

smidgey said:
Is there an ignore function available on this forum? I'm finding having to read certain peoples posts painful to read!

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm afraid not.

We've never had a boo button on TST, and I'm uncertain as to if we'd implement one. On TT the boo button was removed to, amongst other things, reduce spamming and abuse, and to minimize server load.

Extras such as the Thanks system can cause a lot of extra load on a server, and can in turn slow down the site and forum for everyone else. No server is really immune to load. If memory serves me correctly the current Thanks system is a system Joel built in an attempt to reduce the amount of demand it had on the server.

Also, here on TST we really want to push a friendly, open community which everyone can enjoy. Unfortunately, to some people having features like a boo button can come across as being unfriendly, and marking them down for either having an opinion different to others or maybe saying something incorrect which they believed to be true for whatever reason. I don't think personally that fits with our friendly community image.

The opposite of the 'thanks' button, if someone posted something bad you could press the 'boo' button. The novelty wore off pretty quickly to be honest and it allowed some people to be abit unfriendly etc, and here we want to be all nice and lovely so I dont think it will ever make a come back.

(it was also removed when i kept pressing it on all of kaycees posts, she got upset when BOTH her posts were bood)

To add to Ben's post. When we had the BOO system on TTF it caused a lot of members to get upset, especially new members and it caused a bit of a pain for the team - thus it was removed.