• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

One shot fastrack is now available for Gangsta Granny at £8pp.

IMG_5197.jpeg
That's not going to end well is it. FT guests will have to use the RAP entrance as there is no dedicated FT entrance, which can be very long on busy days!
Don't think there's space for one as the building is tiny.

There is/was a separate FT entrance that merge(s/d) with main queue just before the steps up to the station

Yeah I’m sure it’s always had a sign for fastrack but never actually used it. I can’t imagine them having another member of staff on it, so either the batcher will stop you at the bottom of the stairs, but that’s a faff to keep going back and forth for Rap. Or they’ll just make ft use the RAP queue.

Not sure they’ll be a massive demand for FT on gangsta granny anyway.

Something I noticed from this weekend. The area is getting progressively more grim, particularly the lamps. They're covered in muck, grime and some with cobwebs inside (didn't show up too well on photos).

Exactly how Walliams envisioned it on his pages, perhaps.

20230813_142415.jpg

Attachments

• 20230813_142359.jpg
    20230813_142359.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
This will probably sound extremely negative but I honestly rather they demolish the whole area and start again fresh. It could be a wonderful themed area and one day I know it will be however I may be very old and forgetful by then.

Last edited:
Something I noticed from this weekend. The area is getting progressively more grim, particularly the lamps. They're covered in muck, grime and some with cobwebs inside (didn't show up too well on photos).

Exactly how Walliams envisioned it on his pages, perhaps.

20230813_142415.jpg
Merlin really needs to hire a crew for each of their parks to slow the deterioration that's happening. Areas of Alton Towers are becoming a bit grim and all of Thorpe Park other than Swarm Island is an absolute dump.

As I've said this many times before, ever since they lost the Talbot Street theme, the area has been cursed with short term rethemes in which I'd say the closure of Coaster Corner was the prime reason for people not bothering to turn up in which as much as we can say that the park is top heavy on coasters, I've not doubt that when Project Horizon opens being the indoor coaster which surely seems to be that way, it'll make a hell of a difference that will give that area an actual purpose that will bring people in and surely finally do more for that area than what we have seen in the last 30 years which is really telling you how badly they've messed up the area if you don't include Toyland Tours.

As I've said this many times before, ever since they lost the Talbot Street theme, the area has been cursed with short term rethemes

Cred Street lasted as long as Talbot Street did, both (according to the TS history pages) did 11 years. The shortest one was Land of Make Believe at three years from the opening of Toyland Tours to the opening of Nickelodeon when it changed to Cred Street. Cred Street stuck around for the Barney and Tweenies years and then got converted to Cloud Cuckoo Land, which was a step up from the more Nickelodeon focused Cred St (the word Cred is so 90s!). Its only really since Walliams opened and the Ice Age show shut that the areas gone really bad. If anything the brightly coloured Cred St & Cloud Cuckoo Land theme that lasted almost 25 years between them is the defining theme for the land, not the Talbot Street one.

I remember doing Cloud Cuckoo Land on my first visit back in 2012 (I was far too nervous for anything big) - first two attractions I did at the park were Ice Age and Charlie, and even then the area felt naff. Considering that I knew sod-all about parks or had much of an interest in them beforehand shows that the area has been crap for far too long, and hasn't really even been able to limp along until a mediocre "refresh" when Walliams happened. It's an awkward area to develop with The Ruins being so close and all the various workshops round there mind, but that doesn't really excuse the sheer neglect the area has had.

Silly me would love to see something like a proper funhaus, or maybe even something a bit crazier such as an indoor dodgems with loads of effects down that end, alongside a mid-thrill flat and a proper good dark-ride (Horizon may change that mind). But seeing as they just wasted all the money on a certain license, I doubt much will happen.

@benpicko I think your referring to a maintenance team.

Let's face facts. It was a cheap fix to utilise another ride system they were contracted to buy but could not use. Then budget cuts happened.

It's crap. We know it's crap but it'll be gone in 5 years.

I'd take a nicely themed imersive logo area now tbh.

Last edited:
Rumours of David being part of tomorrows channel 4 ‘dispatches’ episode with career ending revelations, if so I’m sure Alton would want to lose the brand. Obviously just rumours at the moment so time will tell.

Also strong rumours of it being a different comedian that has been long investigated about over his behaviour so the Walliams World area and brand may not be russled by this.

Also strong rumours of it being a different comedian that has been long investigated about over his behaviour so the Walliams World area and brand may not be russled by this.
There are rumours that it covers multiple comedians and that Russell Brand (already admitted he's part of it) and David Walliams are included.

Walliams' career should've been over after 'hide the sausage' and the Presidents Club stuff.

The scary thing about this is the assumptions being jumped too, and the names being banded around. Have we learnt nothing from Huw Edwards?

In terms of the area - it's pants and it really should be one of the best themed areas in the country - it is literally on the Towers doorstep. You look at what the park done with Hex (when it works), similar 'mildly spooky' attractions in the courtyard would fit perfectly. Simply add a faux Chained Oak as the centerpiece and you would have a unique, apt, immersive area.

Last edited: