• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

No more IP’s
I question Merlin magic thinking making highly paid people. Meant to be these creative brains - marketing experts

And they come up with what ….. er ….. let’s use someone else’s idea

Failures
It's not even difficult to imagine what would go here. Just get rid of Walliams world and property invest in that area, which has been needed for years. It's such a forgotten area of the park.

No more IP’s
I question Merlin magic thinking making highly paid people. Meant to be these creative brains - marketing experts

And they come up with what ….. er ….. let’s use someone else’s idea

Failures
This isn’t a Merlin issue for even a theme park issue anymore, this seems to be the global trend for a lot of media nowadays. IPs reduce the risk of failure. With an original product you run the risk of it bombing completely, whereas largely, having an IP reduces your risk of it being a disaster and is more likely to be disappointing or mediocre if it doesn’t work out.

IPs always have been prevalent within contemporary society but in the past 10-15 years there’s being an increased awareness from the public that IP can be slightly lazy. There have been times where the IP entering new mediums has been a success against the expectations of the public and adds to the medium of that IP (The Lego Movie and Spider-Verse, for example). However these cases remain few and far between. It takes a labour of love from the creators to do an IP justice, and if you’re John Burton from MMM, you have a certain amount of detachment from the IPs you’re told to work with.

Ultimately, any business investment is a risk, and businesses would like some security to it, rather than going with an unproven concept!

The Curse is a prime example where John Burton said an IP was considered in the early stages at concept but they favored an original story and with this they succeeded.

Sir Alton with a classy steam punk and magical
Theme would work very well here at the back end of the park. With keeping the theme lighter, then Dark forest should be The Alton Ruins meets toxic gardens and really expand on this with large rubble like structures and crazy colorful planting, maybe some creature type monsters and giant Venus fly traps etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Curse is a prime example where John Burton said an IP was considered in the early stages at concept but they favored an original story and with this they succeeded.

Theme would work very well here at the back end of the park. With keeping the theme lighter, then Dark forest should be The Alton Ruins meets toxic gardens and really expand on this with large rubble like structures and crazy colorful planting, maybe some creature type monsters and giant Venus fly traps etc.

yes I like this idea, they could retheme ganster granny to a shooting ride (the ride system is only a few years old and there are no alternative shooting rides to replace duel and I feel like the type of ride could be well used there), and build a new dark ride (something like symbolica maybe) along the back wall (near maybe replace 4d theatre) and have it exploring the towers.

This this and this again…