• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Sorry for double posting, but I would just like to ask some of the enthusiasts who have been visiting Alton for longer; Is CCL in its current state worse than Cred Street was before it closed?

Run down, devoid of atmosphere, closed attractions. Pretty similar. Although I will ALWAYS praise the driving school at Towers: whatever guise its under - it is a great attraction that is well done.

Surely they have to put this area out of its misery soon? I would imagine the fact that the park family ride lineup lies in a decimated state is the reason for keeping this area limping on in the meantime?

Trolls would work so well for that area. Its a huge IP and the movie was a raging success with more on the way too. My little lad loves watching it.

Towers needs a bright happy area as well to counter all the darker ones.

That would be my guess if they go down the IP route again.

Going somewhere?

(As in trollface...not insult)

New movie in 2020.

4D cinema gets trolls 4d adventure. Cheap and effective way of using the SBNO cinema.

Toadstool would even fit in with the theme with minor tweaks. Again cheap and effective way of keeping existing rides.

CATCF re themed to Trolls / Bergen town ride. If they put the effort into that as they did the Gruffalo ride at Chessington then it would be a big hit for families.

This would be my best guess.

Sorry I haven't watched the film but sounds a good idea in principle just don't blast out the Justin timberlake song as sound track

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I would rather see an area with a mix of IPs. Dreamworks area would be ideal.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I could see Merlin going for another BBC IP, as Towers have seemed to have moved away from multiple brand IP's whereas they've developed the BBC Merlin partnership quite a bit since Cbeebies Land opened.

I could see Merlin going for another BBC IP, as Towers have seemed to have moved away from multiple brand IP's whereas they've developed the BBC Merlin partnership quite a bit since Cbeebies Land opened.
Maybe they could do a CBBC Land, like many suggested after CBeebies Land opened?

If a CBBC land meant I could meet Dangermouse and Penfold in person.... I am in.

I saw the show at Butlins last year and my 5 year old really enjoyed it and the former wobble world could easily be turned into a cbbc shop. Even the former Nick building could be reused as a blue peter attraction. Then the former Charlie building could be used for a doctor who attraction.

When I meant BBC I was more on the idea of different IP's apart from CBBC, such as Doctor Who and Dragons Den then also have IP's such as Danger Mouse and Horrible Histories.

Imagine a show where you are MMM and you have to pitch an idea to Merlin's executives or Charlie's lifts rethemed where you go into the Tardis and travel back in time within Towers history.

how big is the charlie building? If they stripped it all out could they put an inside water ride there?