• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Imagine a show where you are MMM and you have to pitch an idea to Merlin's executives or Charlie's lifts rethemed where you go into the Tardis and travel back in time within Towers history.
If that ever happens, could a TSTer please show them a picture of Taron, Lightning Rod, Fury 325 or a similar great looking ride? One can hope!

If there were any teasers I'd assume later in the season as not to draw attention from Wicker Man.

I just had a look at Bradley Wynne's LinkedIn and it still lists a 'Highly Confidential' Alton Towers 2019 project which he has been working as Creative Lead on since October 2016.
So there's definitely something coming and it would be surprising if it wasn't a retheme of CCL as the area is pretty dead and has great potential for an IP retheme. (Although I'd love it if they could surprise us with something original)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradley-wynne-92054343/?trk=public-profile-join-page

What happened to the Dreamworks IPs that Merlin started using at their Midways? I recall that someone like Disney or Universal may have unexpectedley bought them.

EDIT: Ah yes, it seems like it was Universal. I doubt they would let Merlin use these IPs at Alton Towers now.

What happened to the Dreamworks IPs that Merlin started using at their Midways? I recall that someone like Disney or Universal may have unexpectedley bought them.

EDIT: Ah yes, it seems like it was Universal. I doubt they would let Merlin use these IPs at Alton Towers now.

It will depend on the agreement Merlin have already signed, much like IMG in Dubai were still able to open a Marvel area as the agreement was signed before Disney purchased Marvel, even though it opened much later.

What ever they go with needs to have a broad family appeal and not just for very young kids. I also imagine we will see it redone in stages with 2019 seeing an overall area retheme, Charlie redone as the main new ride, something new in the theatre and toadstool possibly re-opened. Then maybe a new ride or 2 added in 2020.

If there were any teasers I'd assume later in the season as not to draw attention from Wicker Man.

I just had a look at Bradley Wynne's LinkedIn and it still lists a 'Highly Confidential' Alton Towers 2019 project which he has been working as Creative Lead on since October 2016.
So there's definitely something coming and it would be surprising if it wasn't a retheme of CCL as the area is pretty dead and has great potential for an IP retheme. (Although I'd love it if they could surprise us with something original)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradley-wynne-92054343/?trk=public-profile-join-page

You may not be wrong re Bradley but the way that is worded it sounds way more than a retheme

We can also assume budget cuts mean this won’t be of high capex value

In short it could be anything

You may not be wrong re Bradley but the way that is worded it sounds way more than a retheme

We can also assume budget cuts mean this won’t be of high capex value

In short it could be anything

This could have been signed off prior to the budget cuts.

I know we shouldn't be setting ourselves up for a let down but I'd be very surprised if they leave it in the state it is currently in. It's an absolute shambles and it devalues the brand and the park itself.

What new rides do you think we would be getting, which existing rides would leave/be relocated

what I think would work well is an indoor Mack Inverted powered coaster, the How To Train your Dragon ride at Motiongate is excellent and would be the perfect family dark ride/coaster. However something like this would need to built in a high investment year.

I'm not holding my breath for a proper retheme or many new attractions. Where would the money come from?

It'll be B&q paint rollered over the walls of the existing buildings and maybe a sub million quid retheme of Charlie to an IP if we're lucky.

I'd personally find it unacceptable if Toadstool didn't reopen this season TBH.

Do they have the old toyland tours theming in storage?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Do they have the old toyland tours theming in storage?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Possibly, though I'm not sure. I can confirm, though, that some of the old queue and associated theming was still in situ as of May 2012, but that was of course nearly six years ago now. :p