• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

It looks like they've covers the existing lamp posts? No that there's anything wrong with that, they look good.

Now all they need to do is add the rest of the theming, fix the exterior of the GG building, reopen the cinema, redo all the building façads, theme flavios, retheme driving school, retheme the Dungeons, retheme the BK, move the portal to where the area actually starts.... so baby steps.

The lampposts which got added last year were clearly not suitable. There’s even a video from opening day of an actor walking in to one of them. Within a few weeks they had temp fences round them as they were just the right height to walk in to and take your eyes out. But yes these are the kind of bits of theming the park should be doing rather than standing stuff from B&Q.

Also back on to the previous page, the majority of the Nick building is now used by merlin magic making, a lot of it has Nick stuff in there (like the walls are still painted multi coloured, etc), but it was also extended a few years back so it’s much bigger now.

Then ice age is just empty I guess, and I guess the shop is used for by ents and probably full of rubbish. I know when ice age was there ents also used some of the Nick building but not sure anymore.

The other big building is the education centre which was also part of the picsolve for the driving school when it had its sponsor, now it’s just one large education building. Not really used recently cause of covid but I guess it will be once trips are back on.

5264d70ce47cc69d7f3387050c6eb572.jpg

They could of saved the money and kept the traffic lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did they use to clean that paving? I'm guessing an insta filter rather than a pressure washer.
The top right picture is a computer generated image.
The top left is real life but the paving mainly looks partly damp to me as if it is drying out following rain. Probably a badly done pressure washing job too at some point but mainly in this case it is just damp.

As someone who's been banging on about the poor theming around the park, im happy they have bought them in - even if it is a small change, it makes a difference

Yeah I agree, it’s steps in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who thinks these lights are the best theming in the area need to look around the GG exit shop. It's a masterpiece.

Going to feel a little weird seeing the Queen scene at the end of Gangsta Granny now

Very true.

Do you not think the whole land has been a massive flop though? I mean there's a traveling funfair ride that's been fitted in there for starters, and now it seems Duel, Nemmy and SW9 are on the agenda.

It's not a very impressive 'land' is it? A bit of a dud really.

I think Walliams world was probably the last big planned investment done under public Merlin, with a pitifully low budget. I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon, if anything I think they will try and improve it. I think they'll probably look at removing the area once all other planned investments have been completed.

Very true.

Do you not think the whole land has been a massive flop though? I mean there's a traveling funfair ride that's been fitted in there for starters, and now it seems Duel, Nemmy and SW9 are on the agenda.

It's not a very impressive 'land' is it? A bit of a dud really.
Yes, it’s really shoddy as a whole. Gangsta Granny is fine, but I’m not a fan of two old rides just being renamed, or a temp ride, or a bad repaint job, or an unused theatre, or a driving school that doesn’t fit, or a Dungeon so close by which clashes. The ors could continue but I think I’ve made my point clear. Gangsta Granny is the only passable thing in the area

I'm sure it'll be quite cheap to replace. Duel is being gutted so they could just chuck a crown on one of the zombies and put that in there.
They're unlikely to change anything I'd have thought as this is based on the book - and I'm sure David Walliams isn't going to do a Find and Replace in Word to replace Queen with King and then republish the book!