• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

These photos have been put on to the Theme Park Studio Facebook page over the past few days:

774669_578940902120423_1687247240_o.jpg

487207_577558968925283_310148571_n.jpg

614903_577411498940030_2132029192_o.jpg

480270_576453602369153_403224215_n.jpg

178005_576260479055132_1588249670_o.jpg

408473_574392069241973_922310139_n.jpg

"New Video! As promised, here is a video showing off the "Custom Scenery Module." It demonstrates importing custom meshes, creating complex objects through basic shapes, easy transformation through hot keys, switching materials, and copying sub-objects. I guess you can say this element of Theme Park Studio was "Minecraft inspired."

Theme Park Studio will thrive on custom-built, user generated content. We want to encourage players to create new rides and scenery, and be able to share them with other players within the community. So please SHARE this video!"

Theme Park Studio - Custom Scenery

The game now has a website. I'm guessing Pantera will be paying close attention to the forums to see what the fans are asking for, and they'll no doubt be the port of call for CTRs, CSOs, CFRs etc.

They need to just release this. Presumably when you buy it, the updates will be free. Just stop adding new features, get it out the door and start releasing updates thick and fast. :)

I'd much rather they took their time so we don't end up with another buggy game like RCT3.

Sam said:
They need to just release this. Presumably when you buy it, the updates will be free. Just stop adding new features, get it out the door and start releasing updates thick and fast. :)

Tell us more about your game developing techniques.

Many games have been ruined and destroyed having the mindset you have expressed you have above.

let them release the game when they are ready, just because you're impatient doesn't mean they should release a dodgy, buggy and ultimately disappointing project.

Of course I don't want bugs, and I want the game engine to be as good as possible. But it seems like every few weeks, they're adding a new kind of flat or coaster to the game, which'll inevitably slow down release. Ship it with the essentials, and add the fancy models as part of updates. :)

I'm guessing you think a game development team is full of people doing the same thing at all times.

The artist are making their assets at the same time while the developers are developing the game and the QA testers are testing the game. We see the assets in updates because it's a damn sight more interesting then having a picture of a page of code.

Besides, this is a very niche product, I doubt they will get the income to warrant making loads of extra downloads after release unless when it comes to release they produce a flushed out game full of content.

I definitely think they should take their time with this, and make sure they have every flat/coaster model in the finished game rather than as a download. It could and most likely will be a serious rival to RCT, they really don't want to give a bad first impression for the sake of getting it out earlier.

Alastair said:
I definitely think they should take their time with this, and make sure they have every flat/coaster model in the finished game rather than as a download. It could and most likely will be a serious rival to RCT, they really don't want to give a bad first impression for the sake of getting it out earlier.

I don't think anyone is a rival to RCT mainly because RCT franchise is pretty dormant now a days. ;)

This will already be better because RCT is pretty awful as a design tool for many various reason... we just have no real alternative for full parks outside modelling and animating it ourselves (which is actually what we are doing in RCT with custom content...)

I'm not sure I get it. Why would you need to build a flat ride from scratch? Surely you just plonk it down and pick a colour?
If there is a function to creat new rides, I'm all for it, but I'd hope most standard flats would be ready to use.

DiogoJ42 said:
I'm not sure I get it. Why would you need to build a flat ride from scratch? Surely you just plonk it down and pick a colour?
If there is a function to creat new rides, I'm all for it, but I'd hope most standard flats would be ready to use.
they are if you read the video description :D

This is an advance editor on top of the basic models for the people like me that want to take the game that little bit further by making our own content. And if it works as well as the demo they've found a way to let anyone make CFR's without having to learn coding first (something I'm still struggling with).

I've got to say originally I was unimpressed with this as it looked like a new Hyper Rails which was being hyped up into something it wasn't. But the more we've seen the more this looks like the genuine real deal.

However I'm still holding out for people. So far what we have is a full theme park simulator but for this to be the next RCT it needs to have people that can turn the static world into a living simulation.

Just noticed it's an embedded version of TPR's copy video anyway not the actual one so the description's different.

I never get the way sites like TPR re-upload other peoples videos. I know it helps draw more attention then just liking it but I'd be annoyed if It was my video and yet there version had far more attention.

Just a little annoyance of mine.

Tim said:
This is an advance editor on top of the basic models for the people like me that want to take the game that little bit further by making our own content. And if it works as well as the demo they've found a way to let anyone make CFR's without having to learn coding first (something I'm still struggling with).

From what I can see in the videos, looks like you can just export your model as an obj file or similar, and select it from an ingame explorer window. Hopefully that means you can model in tangent with the game window open, so you could import into the game engine while working on the model without needing to restart all the time!

Love the sound of that! :p