• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

I will try both, but for me NL2 still has the edge as it seems more customisable going off the videos etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More good news about TPS from their Kickstarter Page:

Step through the gates of your imagination and experience Oculus Rift.

551519_627752367239276_305728810_n.jpg

Due to overwhelming requests from our pledge givers and supporters throughout the gaming community, we are proud to announce Oculus Rift integration into Theme Park Studio. This exciting, cutting edge technology will be included in all versions of the product, with no stretch goal pledges required.

Pantera Entertainment has extensive experience with stereoscopic integration. We have earned Platinum grades on GameGrade3D at www.mtbs3d.com and have also received Nvidia's 5 Star 3D Vision Ready rating.

Besides games, Pantera also develops software for the medical industry. We are the developers behind the Neuro-Vision Rehabilitator software, a product used to treat veterans with impaired vision and balance problems due to traumatic head injuries, a product featured on WCBS news. We also used our engine to develop the 'Computer Orthoptics VTS4'. This software uses 3D stereoscopic functionality extensively, and is currently being used by doctors to treat patients with visual impairments.

We are very excited to announce the merging of our 3D stereoscopic technology into Theme Park Studio. Oculus Rift, integrated into our latest theme park simulation game, is a perfect and inevitable fit. Players will be able to control eye separation and convergence point, allowing them to fine tune their 3D experience and slip into a world of their own creation, and feel like they are actually there.

Imagine walking through your virtual theme park, waiting in line, getting in your coaster, and going on your favorite scream machine, all while being submersed in and surrounded by a stunning virtual experience in stereo 3D. We are happy to do this for those who pledge and support us, with no additional funding required. Oculus Rift integration is yet another way for TPS to help you to open the gates of your imagination and step into the future. Thank you for helping us make Theme Park Studio an awesome experience and an amazing product.

They're also now just short of $33,000 with 26 days to go. They've raised that after 11 days. That's nearly $3000 a day, so assuming this keeps up, they could get another $78,000 taking the total to $111,000 (which would be just $20,000 short of a Mac version of TPS).

I don't know the rate at which the pledges have been made so that's probably wrong, but I reckon they'll make the $80,000 mark that they need to get the funds.

now I looooove the Occulus Rift, but I wouldn't think this is the kind of game I would use it on! not a bad thing though the more Occulus Rift support the better but still!

Though it would be fun to walk around parks with it on. And even more fun to wear it on coasters. But during design and construction I would use a monitor! :p

I am getting tempted to back this, I must admit.. Despite my negativity towards the final product.

Theme Park Studio's Facebook have put up two more teaser images of what looks to me like B&M inverted seats:

32386_628939770453869_1118572597_n.jpg
486879_628934507121062_2033885083_n.jpg

They also posted another update on their Kickstarter Page:

Theme Park Studio is proud to announce our integration of Hydra.

Amir Rubin, president and CEO of Sixense Entertainment, Inc., which developed the motion tracking technology that powers the Razer Hydra says “The Razer Hydra is a perfect interface for building rides and roller coasters because it allows the user to interact with the virtual world in 3D, with the position and orientation of each hand tracked in real time. We believe that native support for the Razer Hydra in Theme Park Studio will make building more natural and intuitive for novices and enthusiasts alike.”

d1ffc0e012d4482dcc0d10cbaf32f697_large.jpg

The finer details of both the Mack mega train and B&M inverted train are great. The seats and restraints are absolutely spot on. However, the bodywork shapes are a bit iffy. The Mack zero car looks a bit tall and steeply raked compared to the prototype, and the inverted's wheel covers are nothing like the standard type as seen on Nemmy and Inferno. I guess making them too similar to the real thing without getting permission from/licensing the design with the manufacturer could be asking for a trip to court, but if that's the reason then it makes you wonder why the trains are so accurate in so many other ways. They're still miles ahead of the rolling stock in RCT3 though, and I'm definitely going to keep watching the development of this very closely.

From Theme Park Studio's Kickstarter page:

Intamin Hyper/Launched Coaster Train!

Theme Park Studio is proud to announce an Intamin Hyper/Launched Roller Coaster added to the variety of roller coasters you can build within the game. This is the standard Intamin train used on many hyper/giga/launched coasters all over the world!

You'll be able to customize the train to create such popular rides as Millennium Force, Goliath, Xcelerator, Expedition GeForce, Bizarro, and many more!

The lap bar system is from the Bizarro train, and we may also release a variation with the T-bar restraint.

Please take a look at the high-poly artwork below of the train. This high poly count model is used to build the detail maps for the in-game model version, you can see the amazing attention to detail!

image-248465-full.jpg

image-248466-full.jpg

image-248467-full.jpg

image-248468-full.jpg

image-248469-full.jpg

image-248470-full.jpg

image-248471-full.jpg

image-248472-full.jpg

image-248473-full.jpg

Much love for these trains! <3 :p

Unfortunately the rate of pledges being made seems to have gone right down now and they're only at $41,000 with 17 days left to reach their goal of $80,000. :(

I'm quite impressed by the detail on the trains and such, if only the rest of the game could look that good, currently I feel that the game just kind of looks charmless and bland, and the texture work looks like something from a game released in 2005. And from what we've seen so far, it seems like more of a nifty tool to make parks instead of an actual game/simulation. So yeah, I wont be replacing RCT just yet.

But hopefully this game might inject some life into the Theme Park Sim genre, as far as I know there hasn't been a proper Theme Park Sim game since RCT3.

It doesn't act like a sim/management so its not really a game. Its really just a simplified design tool.

As said before I agree on graphics, though as long as you can make nice terrain you could import your own (or other peoples) 3d models.

As for the trains, take the quality of them with a pinch of salt. They would just be 'hero renders' and not necessarily representative of the final product! That doesn't mean they won't look good, but those screenshots would be the high poly models, not in the game engine...

Its difficult to explain what they do with them unless you know about modelling, they will have a high poly mesh and a low poly mesh and will 'bake' the detail of the high poly into the low poly, creating a normal and sometimes a displacement map to simulate the bumps and shadings of the high poly... That probably made no sense, but the point is the trains will probably look less impressive in game, you also have the point those pictures are renders of the train most likely not in game engine, so will look much prettier..

Went off in a bit of a tangent... Umm... Point is the models of the train may not be as pretty in game as the renders!

I finally backed the project.... Thought why not, hopefully I helped in someway.

An update on shaping your park layout can be found here. They are hoping to show us the guests who will visit your park in their next video.

This is so close, it's almost painful!

They have one week left of their Kickstarter project, and they're $66,503 towards an $80,000 goal. It's going to be DAMN close

I'm very anxious that they might just scrape short. We all need now to pull together and help this beautiful project become a reality. Remember, by pledging $20 you get a copy of the game when it's released. About £12 for something like this is a steal.

Please please please, PLEDGE now. It's be wonderful if TowersStreet give this project the final push needed to reach their goal. :)

I've pledged $60 for the cause, just to help out a bit! :D

Hopefully they will make it, if they do I think it will be a close call to the deadline time. Fingers crossed!

I've pledged $30 - it's a great project and one which would be great to see go ahead. I really hope they hit their target though, it looks like it could just scrap or being under the budget they need.

If we are all commenting what we pledged, I pledged $60

I would want the platinum version, if I wanted the game! I think it's a little wrong to not provide all features, for all game price points, but they need money, and I know how expensive game devlopment can cost.

I pledged $60, I want to play on this soon as possible and am looking forward to getting the beta (if they get all the money that is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be tight however they're closer than I thought they'd be this stage so I just upped my pledge a bit.

I'm not interested, for me the graphics aren't good enough for me to support it. In my eyes NL2 has far superior graphics, physics and modelling. Not to mention NLScript, which allows you to do anything.

But NL2 can't build you an entire park with paths, flats, etc...

It's all a bit dependant on whether you want a coaster builder or a park builder...

Jared said:
I'm not interested, for me the graphics aren't good enough for me to support it. In my eyes NL2 has far superior graphics, physics and modelling. Not to mention NLScript, which allows you to do anything.

More competition will push the creators of No Limits further as well, I hope this reaches its target, more Theme Park simulators on the market the better.

Ian