• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

That's some impressive lighting... I dread to think what performance will be like.

I want to know whether that's rendered in game engine or rendered for the video.

Performance will most likely be fine, shouldn't compare it to RCT, but how well modern games perform, I've seen prettier triple A titles which run fiiiiine. If it doesn't perform well, it will be the devs fault for not doing the appropriate tests.

Though I did see a worrying massive polycount on their previous model... I hope its just the highpoly model used for texturing, normal maps (and general showing off) otherwise we have devs wasting performance resources on nuts and bolts, but I'm sure they know faaar more about modelling and game design then me, so hopefully nothing to worry about.

If you want to see this happen, put your money where your mouth is and pledge.

Remember, no money leaves your account unless they reach their funding goal, which is looking unlikely at the moment, so why not?

I've pledged $20 because it's an interesting project and it gets me a copy of the game when it's released. :)

I don't usually visit this area of the forum so hadn't seen this before.

Like you say I don't think they'll hit the $80k they're looking for, but have pledged $20 anyway. :)

I may pledge, why not. I pledged for the Dick Figures movie and pledged over on pledge music for The Defiled's album.

I'm not sure I will pledge as of yet. Been getting on the fence about this...

While the idea of this is cool and fun... I still keep looking at this and it looks as if it is from 5 years ago... harsh I know.. It looks a lot nicer than RCT... but is still not really in the same league as current games and engines. I know that "graphics aren't everything" but in a game entirely about design, I would say that they are a pretty important...

So yeah... I'm not a fan of kick starter anyway, once this is released I may buy it to give it a go... but the more I think about it, the less I would use it...

If this news doesn't want to make you pledge, I don't know what will!

E-mail from Theme Park Studio said:
Project Update #1: Announcing Mack Launched Coaster!

Theme Park Studio is proud to announce that you will be able to build a Mack Launched coaster in the game! Please take a look at the high-poly artwork below of the train. While the version in the game will be lower poly, you can see the amazing attention to detail! You'll be able to build amazing coasters like "Blue Fire" or "Manta" within Theme Park Studio.

Remember - If you pledge $50 or more, you'll be part of the Beta Testing group! $100 or more let's you work with one of our designers to build your own ride or coaster!

No need to wait until "PayDay" to pledge - you will not be charged unless we get funded! So back us NOW! =)

nPsBzGK.jpg

szdcyU4.jpg

DZddKbN.jpg

UE5JwXV.jpg

To be frank, I think it's looking unlikely that they're going to hit their pledge goal, with nearly 3/4 of the way to go. But the more people who pledge, the more confidence it'll give the designers that people want to see this project, and have an interest in it. And if they don't reach the goal, you don't pay anything anyway!

So, PLEDGE. :)

Well they've only had this up 6 days and they're already not far off $25,000 and there's another 31 days left. There's still time to reach there target. I think I might pledge $30 for the gold edition.

Anyway, the Mack mega coaster looks great, much like the rest of what they've presented so far. The coaster designer looks good too and should position it somewhere between No Limits and RCT3 (not too hard to pick-up for a casual user and not too diluted and constraining for others used to No Limits, etc...

Tom said:
Shameless and cringeworthy asking for money like this.

Err... you know you get a copy of the game when you pledge $20 (bit more than a tenner), right?

I think you've misunderstood what Kickstarter is, read up. :)

Cheers, I didn't realise you got the game. I've done this with a musician before, but they are in the twilight of their career - seems strange for a game developer, but peace.

There's a HUGE amount of money to be made in Kickstarter for games developers, some of the biggest games dev's are using it as a platform to be able to afford to make the games that they want to make without the heavy hand of a publisher pulling the strings.

Besides even if you didn't get a game out of this, game development isn't cheap. I may not use kickstarter, mainly because I'm not crawling with money and if they reach their goal yet the product fails it's not as simple as complaining and you can't always get your money back, you aren't buying the product through kickstarter, just supporting development and get the game as a gift when they finish, I think it's risky as a consumer. If I had a fair bit of disposable income then, yes I would gladly donate to good products, but I don't, though crowd funding is admirable and takes of the shackles of publishers.

Publishers would want to sell to as many people as possible making as much money as possible. That would most likely sacrifice features that will please enthusiasts and die hard fans, for simplified features that will please majority of potential customers.

Very much what Matt said, It's a risky business dealing with Kickstarter, but to add to the safety, there's usually a risks section to fill out when creating the project page, In there you label what problems you may face and how you will handle it.

But yes, Nothings certain with Kickstarter. It is however quite fun to watch a project you believe in get funded.

While I have had my doubts about this project from the start I do want to see it (and hopefully other games like it) being made. So I've pledged $30 for the Gold Edition.

And that was before they added Blue Fire ;)

Tim said:
While I have had my doubts about this project from the start I do want to see it (and hopefully other games like it) being made. So I've pledged $30 for the Gold Edition.

Whilst the project looks good, I'm far more interested in NoLimits 2. There are so many track and train features yet to be shown, and considering NL have worked with Mack, I think it's pretty believable to think that the Mack Megacoaster trains will also be featured by NL2. Alongside far more features, better graphics and more than likely a far better community. I'm sticking with NL although, if this does come out, I will more than likely give it a go.

Jared said:
Tim said:

Whilst the project looks good, I'm far more interested in NoLimits 2. There are so many track and train features yet to be shown, and considering NL have worked with Mack, I think it's pretty believable to think that the Mack Megacoaster trains will also be featured by NL2. Alongside far more features, better graphics and more than likely a far better community. I'm sticking with NL although, if this does come out, I will more than likely give it a go.

But why do we have to chose one or the other? I'd rather see both released and prove that there is a market for this.

Like I said before I have many doubts over how good this will be (I disagree with all those who believe this to be the next RCT). But I would like to see a ride simulator with the added freedom of creating environments and operating flat rides, something that this will provide.

It may sound silly but I would like to be able to create flat rides programs personally (Insane Topspin anyone?) We can hope :)