• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

As I said on SGW, my personal issue is that they are not focussing on game mechanics? Yet, it is a game? The majority of releases have been (external) renderings of models, and I don't seem to understand why? I mean additional models .etc can be included in OTA updates/patches or even as DLC, yet they refuse to focus on the points of the game that are essential from launch, the mechanics, how stuff works.

TBH we all have no clue, no clue at all, about this game, all we have seen are pretty pictures from an external engine. This can swing either way, it could be unbelievable, but they haven't shown off yet, or (as I worry) it will have many limitations that aren't clear as of yet, as all we have seen is models.

To clarify, use of 'all' is a little exaggeration, I mean the majority!

Yes, gameplay is still an unknown, but as long as I get regular updates and I can see progress then I'm happy to wait some time for the finished product. :)

Yeaaaah... they've pushed back the release date. :(

Theme Park Studio said:
Theme Park Studio Update! New Video and Announcements

Hello Backers!

Much has happened since our last update. As most of you know, we finished a new custom train module. This was an unplanned feature that we recently added to our feature list. Below is a video demonstration. It also demonstrates other features like custom camera fly throughs, rail shaping, on the fly rail type and color modification, utilization of existing community custom scenery, custom train colors, and terrain texture blending,

The video also shows areas that are still incomplete. This includes steel and wood support welds, shadow fixes, POV camera adjustment, and creating features that insulate beginners and casual gamers from some of the advanced features, so they can enjoy a simple drop and play experience.

We also recently had our first focus group meeting with top tier backers. We walked through the features currently in place, and discussed how we could further improve the product. There are still a lot of items left on our plate. With new features recently added, new features planned, plus remaining tasks, we need to do another push back on the final release to April 2014. A finished beta will also need to be pushed back respectively.

However, we understand there is a lot of enthusiasm from our backers so we will be opening up an early edition program. All backers that qualify for beta are welcome to participate, which covers 90 percent of our backers. We just ask for 1 extra month to cleanup and polish. This means we are looking at mid December to get something into our backers' hands that will allow them to start building and exchanging assets. However, it will still be considered 'in development', with additional features left to implement. Backers are free to participate in the development process by not only submitting bug reports, but feature requests as well. Patches will be frequent and TOGETHER we will decide when the product is finished and ready for retail distribution. Again this is set for mid December, and definitely by Christmas!!

Finally, our newly formed alpha team will soon start creating additional videos, writing documentation, and recording video tutorials. This frees up resources from development, which is basically working overtime every week to produce the best product possible. This means video updates and tutorials will be coming soon, to prepare you for mid December.

Thank you all for backing us, and together, helping make Theme Park Studio the ultimate theme park simulator!

Pantera Entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAvSfHWZ8c

It's looking better and better though. :)

New update. :)

Theme Park Studio said:
Theme Park Studio Update! Announcements And Custom Ride Requests

Hello Backers,

First, we would like to give a shout out to another Kickstarter project. These guys helped us through our Kickstarter, so we would like to return the favor. Brent Young from Season Pass has a very interesting project aimed at preserving the Walt Disney birthplace. You can check it out here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1697478835/the-walt-disney-birthplace-preservation-project

The past couple weeks have been spent polishing and refining. For the most part, we have put a freeze on new features in order to focus on getting a build together for our backers. Much of our time has been spent testing, working on intuitive controls, and creating new helper functions that make the construction process as easy as possible. Our goal has been to not only provide a powerful set of tools, but to provide an easy to use environment that will make the title accessible to enthusiasts and casual gamers.

Over the next couple weeks we will continue to polish until the focus group testing shows it is ready for the 'Early Edition' release. We are pushing for late December, but it is still hard to say for sure. As mentioned in the last update, it could get bumped to January. One thing is for sure, when we do release, the build needs to be solid and our focus testing will determine that state. Going the extra mile is more important to ensure a successful launch. Please keep in mind, as we mentioned in the last update, the 'Early Edition' is only a partial release to give our backers a build they can use to start creating environments, importing assets, etc.... Additional modules like coaster construction and flat ride animators will be released in phases as modules are polished. Final gold master release is still scheduled for next year, with the exact date collectively determined by our backers through our 'Early Edition' program..... coming very soon!! In the meantime, here are some custom ride requests we have fulfilled as part of our Kickstarter rewards.

Theme Park Studio Team

1NLVAIz.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpUTKVgMYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpUTKVgMYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hc7SgJ8k90

xlhHM9e.png

Theme Park Studio said:
Over the next couple weeks we will continue to polish until the focus group testing shows it is ready for the 'Early Edition' release. We are pushing for late December, but it is still hard to say for sure. As mentioned in the last update, it could get bumped to January.

LOL, they realised that NL2 is being released soon and crapped themselves. :p

Nick said:
Theme Park Studio said:
Over the next couple weeks we will continue to polish until the focus group testing shows it is ready for the 'Early Edition' release. We are pushing for late December, but it is still hard to say for sure. As mentioned in the last update, it could get bumped to January.

Probably because they know NL2 will be better.

Jared said:
Nick said:
Theme Park Studio said:

Probably because they know NL2 will be better.

depends what 'better' is; if you want an uber realistic roller coaster/flat ride designing simulator, then NL2 is 'better'

But then with TPS, you get a novice-friendly interface, easier flat ride design, and a nice park….

So (when it's released for mac) I will be getting NL2 as I live for realism :) (if I wanted TPS this much, I wouldn't have gone to mac ;))

NL2 and TPS are not competing products!

NL2 is for people who want absolute, industry-level accuracy. It's for people who have the time to devote twelve hours to building one rollercoaster.

TPS is for people who want to build custom coasters that are more complex than possible on RCT, but who also have jobs and friends and a social life. It's currently a big gap in the market.

Sam said:
NL2 and TPS are not competing products!

NL2 is for people who want absolute, industry-level accuracy. It's for people who have the time to devote twelve hours to building one rollercoaster.

TPS is for people who want to build custom coasters that are more complex than possible on RCT, but who also have jobs and friends and a social life. It's currently a big gap in the market.

That's not very accurate and some could deem it as quite insulting. NL is a powerful piece of software aimed at realism, which is what TPS should be aspiring too. What's the point in adding Mack, B&M and Intamin trains to a game if you don't intend to offer high levels of detail and realism?

As for 12 hours? No. NoLimits and TPS to an extent are hobbies. Hobbies take time, but I am sure you can produce a decent coaster in both programs in an hour or two, I know I certainly can in NL.

As for not competing? That's like saying Coke & Pepsi aren't competing. Fanta & Tango. NoLimits and Theme Park Studio are both aimed at the same market, if they weren't then why would TPS have a kickstarter funded 95% by coaster geeks? ;)

The coaster construction system for this new game is a rip off of hyper coaster from the looks of it, I think the issue with that is it will be too complex for the average gamer yet not complex enough for realism. I'm not hot on this games focus but if it doesn't include peeps and management skills then I'm not sure what it's purpose is.

As for NL you can make a coaster in an hour or so if you don't go OTT and do complex custom supports, NL1 construction isn't that complex once you get the gist and I manage to have acquired a social life that includes knowing you Sam, insults or not :)

Project update...

Theme Park Studio said:
Theme Park Studio Quick Update!

Hello Backers,

We just wanted to drop a quick note. We hope everyone had a great Christmas and happy new year. We worked through most of Christmas break, as we work towards our early edition release. Many items from our checklist have been completed. We will provide another update after we see how the next week or two progress, along with our focus group testing results. So far though, everything is looking good.

We did some recent stress testing, along with one click scene import tests. Everything worked great. You can check out the screens here:

http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7.msg10493#msg10493

Thank you all for your support!!

Theme Park Studio Team!

Bit of an image fail on that link unfortunately.

Hi guys,

Do we know if the PC specifications have been released for the game yet? It looks like some pretty powerful PC's are gonna be needed to run this game. When RCT3 first came it no one I knew had a PC powerful enough to run it, I hope the same won't happen for this one!

Looking at some of the updates on their Kickstater, I have to say that it does look good but also worrying complicated for the casual gamer IMO.

Some new images have been posted and members of the TPS moderation team are hinting that the beta will be coming very soon:

Halledale1.jpg

Halledale_2.2.jpg

Halledale_2.3.jpg

Halledale_2.4.jpg

Not just a beta! Here's the full Project Update.

Theme Park Studio said:
Hello Backers!

We are very excited about our progress and are looking forward to seeing some of the amazing designs our backers will create.

Most of the manuals needed for the upcoming partial release are complete, and some last minute features and libraries have been included.

We are also creating a professional version and are honored to announce that the 'Theme Park Studio Professional Edition' is scheduled for use in 2014 by Intamin Amusement Rides to showcase their newest coaster designs

We have some additional great news to report. Valve will be carrying Theme Park Studio on Steam! Not only will this make the Beta program a very streamlined process, but it will allow us to continue adding features and expand the product. A full development road map has been outlined on the Early Access page.
Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590

Steam keys have been ordered and will be emailed over the next couple weeks. Of course Platinum backers will still receive their boxed edition with printed manual when the title is complete.

Through Early Access, backers can not only supply bug reports, but can request new features and provide feedback. There is amazing potential to take the Theme Park Studio even further than originally planned. We are looking forward to working with you to make Theme Park Studio the ultimate theme park simulator.

Finally, here is a set of new screenshots taken during our focus group testing.
Thank you all for supporting us!

Theme Park Studio Team!

Great news about Steam and Intamin of course! Can't wait to see this product develop and grow...

Judging by the Steam page, the beta will be available as of Feb 10th :)

Haven't gotten the game myself but it seems to be getting a bit of a panning at the moment. Though it is a beta.