• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

*Preparing for hate*

Despite being an aspiring game dev myself, i cannot see this as pledge-able? We have seen absolutely NO gameplay, and that is after all the point of a game? Fancy graphics (which is an area where this can be beaten by other games) are just the topping, I can see this becoming very boring after a short while, how many people actually 'play' No-Limits? You cant, you'd be bored senseless, it is a tool, not a true game, and therefore I believe that this project whilst having potential, in its current state is not yet ready for pledging, as it is a tool, that the developers believe is a game.

Despite this, it has potential, it is just a shame that the actual gameplay aspect wasn't focussed on from the beginning of the kickstarter

cotda said:
*Preparing for hate*

Despite being an aspiring game dev myself, i cannot see this as pledge-able? We have seen absolutely NO gameplay, and that is after all the point of a game? Fancy graphics (which is an area where this can be beaten by other games) are just the topping, I can see this becoming very boring after a short while, how many people actually 'play' No-Limits? You cant, you'd be bored senseless, it is a tool, not a true game, and therefore I believe that this project whilst having potential, in its current state is not yet ready for pledging, as it is a tool, that the developers believe is a game.

Despite this, it has potential, it is just a shame that the actual gameplay aspect wasn't focussed on from the beginning of the kickstarter
My sentiments exactly, people are considering this to be the next RCT when it clearly isnt. It is just a tool to create something that looks an awful lot like a living theme park, but in reality is just a facade. I doubt they'll be anything like restaurant building, shop building, managing aspects, etc. It will be more like creating a film set than an actual theme park.

Money management is a stretch goal. Something that (unfortunately) won't be reached now but is something they clearly have in mind for future development if this is successful. There will be guests in the park too.

Amazing to see that the project now only need under $5000 to reach their goal and yet a week or so before people were concerned about it failing. :)

Scott said:
Money management is a stretch goal. Something that (unfortunately) won't be reached now but is something they clearly have in mind for future development if this is successful. There will be guests in the park too.
Money management is one thing, thats for certain, but there is so much more that needs to be in a true theme park sim than just that. Im sure this will be a fantastic tool for people who want to design parks without limitations, but I doubt there will be much more depth to it then that.

Also, there is always the problem that the game could be broken, buggy and poorly optimised, due to the fact that there using an original engine.

It is a design tool and has been advertised as such.

If you don't want that, don't buy or pledge. If you are expecting a management sim you clearly didn't read the brief properly.

Most players of rct3 nowadays do not use it as a management. I was on Atari community probably 5 or so years ago and no one on the forum cared about money or management, its sharing custom content and creating rides and parks.

It was used as a tool to design. This is what this is without the facade of a terrible management game. (RCT3 is awful at gameplay compared to the previous games) and while its not as pretty as NL2. Its a damn site nicer then the horrendous RCT3 engine.

This 'game' is geared towards designers then players, if that's not your cup of tea, fair enough.

Fantastic news! And with 4 days left as well! Now I can look forward to the game! =)

Wtf. If I thought they'd actually hit target then I'd have pledged less... *Runs away to empty bank account* :p

Really tho I'm pleased for them. I've never owned NL so I don't share any of the concerns that some people have about this project. Can't wait to give it a go!

Glad they hit the target, should be a great tool for people, will most likely try it out when it releases.
And even if it ends up sucking, it still has the chance to re energise the Theme Park Sim genre, which is a damn good thing.

A first look at park guests. There's a lot of changes ahead with how they look, but this gives a nice first glimpse!

image-258864-full.jpg

image-258890-full.jpg

image-258891-full.jpg

image-258909-full.jpg

Theme Park Studio / Pantera have launched one final campaign to see if they can reach any of their extended goals. I wouldn't mind them reaching Money Management but I'm not terribly sure they'll be able to make it. Perhaps once it's out and they've made enough money they'll see to an update or expansion pack with those kinds of features, assuming they don't hit the right amount?

Shame they're all renders and won't look anything like that in-game... I'm still sticking to NL2.

Jared said:
Shame they're all renders and won't look anything like that in-game... I'm still sticking to NL2.

A novel idea for you: why don't you actually try it before deciding which you prefer?

Sam said:
Jared said:

A novel idea for you: why don't you actually try it before deciding which you prefer?

Because, I've been using the tried and tested NL1 for nearly 10 years. I've gotten pretty good at using it, it's got no bugs and what you can achieve with it is remarkable.

Now, not saying this new game won't be any of those, but I have to say I think Ole had the developers of this beat. Every fine detail is there in NL2. Even the bogies on the trains move around corners. You can build anything, as many rides as you like and literally have no limits.

Theme Park Studio, don't get me wrong, it looks great and it's a novel concept, but to me, they're trying to pack far too much in in the hope of beating an already well established program. When in reality, they're just adding more things that could go wrong, more things that could glitch and make the game less enjoyable. You only have to look at RCT3 to know what I mean by very buggy.

I'll stick to what I know, from an incredibly skilled developer who has a proven background in the industry and the skills to take the platform further, this looks great, but NL2 will be greater.

They aren't competing against anyone, really, this is a niche market, No Limits, is terrible to make decent themed and creative rides without prior modelling experience.

If such an outdated game as RCT3 with its poor optimisation and frankly ugly engine can be better then no limits for fun creative park and theming design.

Besides none of us has seen this game yet, all shots we have seen are early alphas of the build. I thought an "incredibly skilled developer" would understand that, It could be mindblowingley better then NL, or much worse, you don't know.

With regards to that model, it is probably most likely rendered in an external program, but they haven't gone OTT on the rendering settings, It is a standard, high poly model,

From the small glimpses I've seen, this engine looks far better then NL1, or at least the work pipeline looks much better, easier, fun and custom modding and model creation for it looks better.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2