• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

Benzin said:
But NL2 can't build you an entire park with paths, flats, etc...

It's all a bit dependant on whether you want a coaster builder or a park builder...

Actually, you can. You're no longer limited to one coaster, you can add custom flat rides as well as paths quite easily.

Benzin said:

It's all a bit dependant on whether you want a coaster builder or a park builder...

easter1.jpg

You can, or will be able to, script objects to make them move.

Re: Re: Theme Park Studio

Jared said:
Benzin said:

Actually, you can. You're no longer limited to one coaster, you can add custom flat rides as well as paths quite easily.

You can't because it's not been released and probably never will be, unlike this project. ;)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

You could also make rides even more stunning then no limits 2 in cryengine 3 or UDK, with help from 3ds max, Maya, mudbox, zbrush and Photoshop

;)

Anything that could spur on the development of a possible RCT4 is a good thing. This is a good thing.

We've been deprived of a new coaster/theme park sim for far too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The only reason I'm backing this project is because it's the closest we will ever get to RCT4.
I like the freedom of creating a whole theme park. This is just that and more.

:)

Just pledged a silly amount of $s in the hope of this going through.
At least i'll be in the game manual. :p

Jared said:
I'm not interested, for me the graphics aren't good enough for me to support it. In my eyes NL2 has far superior graphics, physics and modelling. Not to mention NLScript, which allows you to do anything.

217014_635246413156538_156192855_n.jpg

eDkWnuH.jpg

Am I missing something? :S

TPS graphics definitely look at LEAST as good as NL2 graphics, and to my eye, quite a lot better. I can't work out why you wouldn't support this project if you're an enthusiast. You do confuse me sometimes Jared. :S

I think that's just a rendered train from TPS for maximum quality, but they won't look like that in the game (same as their video of the Top Scan). The NL 2 screenshot on the other hand is straight out of the simulator. :)

Sam said:
Jared said:
I'm not interested, for me the graphics aren't good enough for me to support it. In my eyes NL2 has far superior graphics, physics and modelling. Not to mention NLScript, which allows you to do anything.

TPS graphics definitely look at LEAST as good as NL2 graphics, and to my eye, quite a lot better. I can't work out why you wouldn't support this project if you're an enthusiast. You do confuse me sometimes Jared. :S

As much as I would love to agree with you, the first picture is a high poly hero model rendered in most likely out of engine renderer.

I'll quote myself, as hopefully it made sense... it's really diffucult to explain though

Fredward said:
As for the trains, take the quality of them with a pinch of salt. They would just be 'hero renders' and not necessarily representative of the final product! That doesn't mean they won't look good, but those screenshots would be the high poly models, not in the game engine...

Its difficult to explain what they do with them unless you know about modelling, they will have a high poly mesh and a low poly mesh and will 'bake' the detail of the high poly into the low poly, creating a normal and sometimes a displacement map to simulate the bumps and shadings of the high poly... That probably made no sense, but the point is the trains will probably look less impressive in game, you also have the point those pictures are renders of the train most likely not in game engine, so will look much prettier..

Start of today it was at $69,970... At my last check it was $71,696...looks like they're gunna make it. I've just pledged $20 and I don't even own a pc....yet!

Oh my gosh this looks awful... How could you actually pledge that amount of money for what looks like an awful knock off of hyper rails. :eek: (I'm so waiting for Nolimits 2, but tbh i'll still get this... )

Joseph said:
Oh my gosh this looks awful... How could you actually pledge that amount of money for what looks like an awful knock off of hyper rails. :eek: (I'm so waiting for Nolimits 2, but tbh i'll still get this... )

Or that the 2 games are similar and this has better graphics, and newer ride/theme models ::)

Joseph said:
*Cough* Same developers... *Cough*

The original Grand Theft Auto was crap. GTA V looks the opposite. But if what you say is true, it must be crap ;)

It's hardly a 'knock off' product, Joseph.

It is in effect, Rollercoaster Tycoon and No Limits mixed into one. Attracting people that like both those platforms and have always wanted to create a realistic park. Obviously if it's not your cup of tea that's fair enough. But certainly a project that has gained $74,457 so far just goes to show that people do want this type of thing, you can't argue with that!