Theme Park Worldwide

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by He111epard, 25th Feb 2018.

1. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

It's irrelevant the level of celebrity these people are. Allegations have been made, and if it turns out they are made up and the accused is completely innocent, then that's their life potentially ruined - job lost, relationships destroyed etc. Especially if it affects them mentally and they become suicidal.

Trooper, RoyJess and skyscraper like this.
  2. Mr Pearse

Mr Pearse TowersStreet Member

They ain’t no celebrity or popular figure they are average people like you and me. As it said many times yes it’s just allegations but I’m struggling to see if it was just false lies what’s the intention to make them up? What’s there to be achieved by it?. The fact when the first allegation went up and was quickly hidden be it for what ever reason that didn’t feel right to me personally. Only time will tell at the moment.

ringo likes this.
  3. Steve74

Yes, if it is false then what is the reason? Does anyone know the accuser? Does she have any connection with the accused that would cause her to make something up - revenge for example? Of course all of this will come out in any police investigation and that is why doing it on Twitter is completely the wrong way to do it.

Trooper and Adam H like this.
  4. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

If allegations are unfounded then I hope the accused are getting proper advice on how to redress the situation.

5. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Like every abusive relationship, power.

It can be an opportunity to have one over on someone, get them back for some unrelated disagreement, or just an internal need to feel powerful and important or gain notoriety or get some attention. It can be a deflection of another issue they have been a victim of and do not feel like they can disclose. It's some people's idea of fun. It can, by a fault in the brain, be their truth even though it is not reality. It can be soooo many things.

I'm not saying for a second that's what this is, I don't know these people and as previously you can believe both the accuser and accused by remaining impartial. But what you are doing with your train of thought is using your own bias to come to a conclusion which feels logical in the absence of any evidence. That's not meant as a criticism, everyone does it unconsciously, but you can make efforts to identify and readdress those biases within yourself and look at things more objectively.

Last edited: 1st Jul 2020
  6. pj

pj TowersStreet Member

Maybe they were advised to hide tweets that could prejudice any trial? Least they can be unhidden. Sounds better than deleting. Speaking for which I am sure the police have the power to get those deleted DMs. This can’t be the first time evidence has allegedly gone missing via deletion. Even if not told to hide the posts I don’t blame him. Some people jump on anyway to bring him down and have no interest in story apart from that.

Not commenting on whether it’s true or not as I know next to nothing. And would never call someone saying this a liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

I bet they were looking forward to opening weekend too..........

Croftybaby, Ben, ringo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Much like the #MeToo scandals, this whole area has to be treated with sensitivity. Victims of abuse need to be given a voice and be able to get justice. Conversely people who are accused should not be trialled by media but in a courtroom where evidence is presented and can be fairly evaluated by both sides. The same should be applied here to what are very serious allegations.

I know things like this can get emotive but @pluk is totally right. You can support a victim and also defend the accused - it's not contradictory, it's called being impartial.

Last edited: 1st Jul 2020
  9. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

I don't think it's possible to delete replies to your own tweets. Even if you delete your original tweet, the replies will remain there.

pj likes this.
  10. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Spot on. Although I do think that hiding the comments has caused this to escalate the way it has, it's lead to a lot of anger and serious questions being asked.

skyscraper and The Cardinal like this.
  11. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    To be fair I never once mentioned if he was guilty or not. I had no idea this was even a thing until yesterday either. Just saying what I saw on twitter.

She's got no proof so it would seem so even if she is telling the truth it won't get anywhere unless he admit to it.

12. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Thing is, we don't know who's involved and people guessing on social media could jeopardize the investigation, as has been said.

pj likes this.
  13. Boothy

Boothy TowersStreet Member

Also seen a screenshot of some unsavoury racist dialogue used by TPWW

14. Steve74

Allegedly. It's amazing how good some people are in Photoshop.

skyscraper likes this.
  15. Boothy

Boothy TowersStreet Member

Aye, of course.

16. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

After a day of thinking, the wording is interesting by TPW -
    That to me sounds like we have reported the accuser to the authorities? If it is that way then that explains the bullish “show must go on” attitude that TPW have.

17. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

They were tweeting that same line when I looked at Twitter last night. I thought it was a bit odd that they didn't make a post addressing the issue

Charlie Newbold and ringo like this.
  18. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Really appalled at this news if true! Unfortunately, not surprised. I watch the channel occasionally and have noticed 2 absences within the past couple of years, I think due to the same reasons as this. Feel for the victims and what they are going through.

19. Adam H

Adam H TowersStreet Member

I've seen a few posts saying that was fake, as is the photo showing one of the TPW "stars" with an underage girl. The girl came out last night and said it was her but she's 20 years old.

20. Adam H

Adam H TowersStreet Member

My issue with this is that it should have gone straight to the police and not done over social media, it only went to the police from the accuser after it all kicked off and she deleted her twitter. There's a certain batch of enthusiasts that seem to be trying to do the police's job for them via social media, I just wish they would let the police look into the detail. I'm on the fence with this one as it's very easy to make an accusation, however I'm sure most are valid and correct. If the girl really has been subject to this abuse then I hope the police can prove it and she can get some kind of closure and get on with her life in a positive way.

Steve74 and pluk like this.