• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

Probably both. I did also wonder though if he was moving HQ to a place that would be more suitable for a little baby Sanbrooke.
Reckon Shawn has got so many people into theme parks with his average views of 20K per video - it's wholesome (now the dodgy ones have been excluded) - I was watching a US vlogger this week - Coasterdash - referencing TPWW - there is literally nothing to have a go at him about now - a sustained enthusiasm for theme parks and giving them extra exposure can only be a god thing - there's loads of USA vloggers who are decades older than him btw that get staggering numbers for crap content

Reckon Shawn has got so many people into theme parks with his average views of 20K per video - it's wholesome (now the dodgy ones have been excluded) - I was watching a US vlogger this week - Coasterdash - referencing TPWW - there is literally nothing to have a go at him about now - a sustained enthusiasm for theme parks and giving them extra exposure can only be a god thing - there's loads of USA vloggers who are decades older than him btw that get staggering numbers for crap content

The thing I love about TPWW is that Shawn just has such a genuine love of going on rides.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a major world class thrill coaster or just a family cred or a funfair flat or a traditional vintage amusement ride, you can see that he’s having so much fun and that enjoyment is infectious. He goes to parks everywhere, big or small, well known or obscure, and opens up this world for his viewers.

I watch some other vlogs and it seems like the people that they are made by people that are just wanting to say “look at me, look at me” and constantly shriek on their on-ride POV’s or ones that want to walk around a park in a big gang of friends trying to look cool and make it about all their personality or brand. But with Shawn it’s always all about the parks themselves and the rides that are the stars of the video, even vlogs from parks where he can’t film POV’s you still get such a sense of what a ride is like. And not only that, I think he must have inspired so many people to get up and actually visit parks both here and abroad. His park guides and Adventure Shawn travel vlogs are really good and can be very informative. He puts out a lot of very good content.

Another thing I like about Shawn is that as much as he has great enthusiasm for all rides, he isn't exactly a happy clapper praising every ride or theme park such as we know his own views on why he isn't the biggest fan of Duel regarding the blasters and his rather unfavourable views on M&D's...then again I don't know anyone who would. He did make a valid point on how M&D's can improve but admits that the park's bad reputation and awful owners who if given the money likely would screw it up and it makes the situation more of a double edged sword. Likely he won't be going north of the border again for theme parks though he did seem to enjoy Codona's at least which after seeing his vlog I'm happy to see that it has improved since the last time I saw it.

Funny thing is I don't think I've ever said this before now but several years ago when I went to the park in 2010 I actually met him when he was working at the main entrance and was friendly towards me when he found out who i was on YouTube...probably the only time I've met someone I've known seeing from YouTube, yeah, pretty sheltered life I have.

Another thing I like about Shawn is that as much as he has great enthusiasm for all rides, he isn't exactly a happy clapper praising every ride or theme park such as we know his own views on why he isn't the biggest fan of Duel regarding the blasters and his rather unfavourable views on M&D's...then again I don't know anyone who would. He did make a valid point on how M&D's can improve but admits that the park's bad reputation and awful owners who if given the money likely would screw it up and it makes the situation more of a double edged sword. Likely he won't be going north of the border again for theme parks though he did seem to enjoy Codona's at least which after seeing his vlog I'm happy to see that it has improved since the last time I saw it.

Funny thing is I don't think I've ever said this before now but several years ago when I went to the park in 2010 I actually met him when he was working at the main entrance and was friendly towards me when he found out who i was on YouTube...probably the only time I've met someone I've known seeing from YouTube, yeah, pretty sheltered life I have.
Don't lie QTX we all know you love M&D's so much! :tearsofjoy:

Don't lie QTX we all know you love M&D's so much! :tearsofjoy:
I'll take that as sarcasm.

The place seriously makes my blood boil just thinking about it as it is the only damn place we have within a 50 mile radius. How they are still running after all the crap that has happened to them this time is a miracle.

I'd only hope someone buys out the place to make it into something half decent, until then...

I'll take that as sarcasm.

The place seriously makes my blood boil just thinking about it as it is the only damn place we have within a 50 mile radius. How they are still running after all the crap that has happened to them this time is a miracle.

I'd only hope someone buys out the place to make it into something half decent, until then...
Yes it was sarcasm, I think the whole forum knows your despise for the place (and quite rightly too). Anyway sorry for going off topic.

Interesting you should say this.

I personally agree that Shawn has a very constructive reviewing style; I personally find his reviewing style excellent, very informative, balanced and overall really good to watch. I’d like to think that I myself talk about and review things in a similarly constructive way (although I obviously am not in a position to make that judgement!), which might be why Shawn’s style resonates with me, but I do really like his way of doing things compared to other vloggers.

However, I’ve often heard his reviewing style come into the firing line because people think he is too positive and doesn’t criticise things enough. I’ve often heard people argue that he “only says good things to get into the press events”, and in the comments section of a Coaster Crazy vlog, I saw someone thank Andy (Rumney, the main presenter of Coaster Crazy) “for being honest, unlike the Milkybar kid at TPW who’s constantly positive about everything just so that he can get wined and dined by the parks”…

My only criticism with Shawn's content is it's often long and protracted. Maybe I'm just not the target audience but I can't personally find the hours every week to watch his videos. If he had more condensed versions around the 10 minute mark I'd be more inclined to watch.

Interestingly, looking back at this video from a couple of weeks ago, Shawn alludes to some other “big news” aside from the new HQ:

(Go to the 16:50 mark)

Intriguing… could they have further news to report on their wedding? Or might a baby even be on the way? (I’ve seen baby suggested by a lot of people in the comments of his latest YouTube and Facebook statuses)

I did love that one where Andy didn't get invited to the press event for Sik and spent about 40m of the vlog telling us about it. Sort of an uncomfortable mix of car crash but classic YouTube. My impression and it purely is that is there is some subtle beef there between vloggers / the "fans". After seeming to shadow TPW and play up they were "friends" in the early days, you hear quips now like "Shawn didn't show you any of this..." With a hint of bitterness in the tone.

With TPW I think you just have to accept that the channel is at the stage it is at in terms of growth. They have relationships with parks in order to get the content they get to help the channel succeed and stand out. That does come at a price though, be it contractually explicit or just unconscious (Nobody wants to upset people they have built relationships with, or may look more favourably at things when you are gifted passes* each year etc).

*So I am told.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some bitterness occurs between old friends, all you have to do is look at Shawn’s summer blogs - the amount of times he says “I’d just like the thank (insert park) for having me” was insane. This includes the abroad trips as well. It’s as if nearly every park has offered complimentary entry (or he’d asked for it idk)

Shawn has been doing YouTube for a long time now. He’s had his current channel for 10 years now, and I he had another channel for a good few years before that, didn’t he?

At a guess, I’d say he must have been doing YouTube in some capacity for the best part of 15 years now. And it’s fair to say that it hasn’t all been plain sailing in some regards, particularly with the events of a couple of years ago spawning a major shake up in his format (which I personally think improved the videos, but I’m not sure what some TPW fans would think… the wide array of vlogstars were popular among fans when they were on the channel).

Shawn has been doing YouTube for a long time now. He’s had his current channel for 10 years now, and I he had another channel for a good few years before that, didn’t he?

At a guess, I’d say he must have been doing YouTube in some capacity for the best part of 15 years now. And it’s fair to say that it hasn’t all been plain sailing in some regards, particularly with the events of a couple of years ago spawning a major shake up in his format (which I personally think improved the videos, but I’m not sure what some TPW fans would think… the wide array of vlogstars were popular among fans when they were on the channel).
His old "Sanbrooke Productions" channel is now "Adventureshawn".

In the grand scheme of things, Shawn was one of the original UK theme park vloggers. Whether you like him or not, and for all his wrongdoings with associations of people over the years, he set the precedence a very long time ago back when he was certain Thirteen would be B&M. People are trying to play catch up and believe they can be on his level in a very saturated market of vloggers. The frustrations will stem from people wanting the results he's generated over the years here and now.