• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

I find pretty much anything other than TPW unwatchable. I'm not the biggest fan but will watch his videos when he goes somewhere interesting.

All the clickbait thumbnail faces, over the top fake enthusiasm, HIT THAT BELL LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!!1 and general lack of knowledge... its just awful.

There's a couple of other decent channels out there like Pleasure Beach Experience, who seem more down to earth. Followed their USA trip videos and it was good. But pretty much 99% of other channels just come across amateur and desperate.

Shawn has been doing YouTube for a long time now. He’s had his current channel for 10 years now, and I he had another channel for a good few years before that, didn’t he?

At a guess, I’d say he must have been doing YouTube in some capacity for the best part of 15 years now. And it’s fair to say that it hasn’t all been plain sailing in some regards, particularly with the events of a couple of years ago spawning a major shake up in his format (which I personally think improved the videos, but I’m not sure what some TPW fans would think… the wide array of vlogstars were popular among fans when they were on the channel).
Cutting off everyone else back in 2020 was the best move in my opinion, some videos with some people in, (I won’t name who) were absolutely intolerable to watch. The channel has been the best it has been from 2020 onwards

Cutting off everyone else back in 2020 was the best move in my opinion, some videos with some people in, (I won’t name who) were absolutely intolerable to watch. The channel has been the best it has been from 2020 onwards
I agree. I watched an old TPWW vlog recently as I was looking for info on a specific park, must have been from about 3/4 years ago as it had some of his mates in it and honestly I couldn’t finish the video because they were being so annoying and it was chaotic to watch. Shaun was still trying to be informative but it didn’t work very well in my view with his mates all showing off for the camera. I much prefer the current format with either just him or him and Charlotte. He could probably archive all his old content and no one would notice because the newer stuff since is much better quality and much more informative.

As for other vloggers being jealous well it’s sort of inevitable, imo Shawn makes what he does look easy, so it makes others think they can do it too which isn’t really how it works. I’m sure it helps that he genuinely enjoys it. But his success didn’t happen over night, TPWW has been around for a decade, it’s only in the last 2 or 3 years that he’s started to get noticed more. We all have our opinions on YouTubers and such like but you can’t deny that Shawn works hard on his channel creating a lot of his own content. It takes a lot of dedication to build a channel to have a decent following. I like that TPWW is much less click baity than other channels too, usually what you see in the title/thumbnail is what you get.

There are so many theme park vloggers now, only a handful are actually worth watching really.

I agree. I watched an old TPWW vlog recently as I was looking for info on a specific park, must have been from about 3/4 years ago as it had some of his mates in it and honestly I couldn’t finish the video because they were being so annoying and it was chaotic to watch. Shaun was still trying to be informative but it didn’t work very well in my view with his mates all showing off for the camera. I much prefer the current format with either just him or him and Charlotte. He could probably archive all his old content and no one would notice because the newer stuff since is much better quality and much more informative.

As for other vloggers being jealous well it’s sort of inevitable, imo Shawn makes what he does look easy, so it makes others think they can do it too which isn’t really how it works. I’m sure it helps that he genuinely enjoys it. But his success didn’t happen over night, TPWW has been around for a decade, it’s only in the last 2 or 3 years that he’s started to get noticed more. We all have our opinions on YouTubers and such like but you can’t deny that Shawn works hard on his channel creating a lot of his own content. It takes a lot of dedication to build a channel to have a decent following. I like that TPWW is much less click baity than other channels too, usually what you see in the title/thumbnail is what you get.

There are so many theme park vloggers now, only a handful are actually worth watching really.

TPWW is definitely better since it’s refocused a little while back on just Shawn and Charlotte, like you say it’s strange when you go to watch their old videos and see certain people on there, much better without them. However I do like the videos that Shawn does from Florida with his friend Brett the golfer, he makes for a park companion.

As for other vloggers and theme park channels I find that there aren’t many others that I bother with. PBE are always worth a watch of course, and one channel that I find fun is PT Vlogs, a guy that goes to various funfairs across the country with his young son (but the videos can sometimes feel a bit samey when it comes to travelling funfairs as they don’t have their own personality like theme parks do). I don’t mind Andy Rumney’s vlogs too much, they are ok but my word, he doesn’t half squeal a lot when filming his on-ride POV’s. I just think try and dial it down a little when filming an on-ride if you can rather than vocalising throughout it. I was trying to watch a vlog the other day from another channel called Theme Park Review and I had to hit mute, the guy was just a little annoying by constantly going “Oh crap, oh crap, wheee, urrghhhhh, woooooooo” throughout the entirely of each POV. It was very grating.

Expedition Theme Park and Coasterbot of course are also two other channels that put out excellent and informative high quality content (ie Coasterbot’s “What Is…?” series of videos).

Last edited:
Expedition is just YouTube AAA.

On top of those mentioned I quite like El Toro Ryan's problematic series.

Even though he doesn't do much these days still love screwy loops - nice to have a bit of humour.

World of Coasters are worth a look. Find those guys quite down to earth.

If you like zero BS Diary of a Rollercoaster Girl is great too. Zero ego, all about the Coasters and those guys get to some real out there places.

Just touching on how informative Shawn is, there’s only one channel I know that does it better and that’s Adventure Planet. His videos aren’t very frequent, but they are very informative. Like I say, he’s the only person I can think of who makes just as much of an effort to make sure his videos are of quality and not just “wOo tImE fOr SmIlEr 🤪🤪. Another thing that irritates me about outrage YouTubers is the amount of midroll adverts. I know this is how they make some money, and Shawn does have them, but there’s a certain popular YouTuber that mostly has adverts under a minute, and can have as many a four times in 10 minutes. Makes the videos totally unwatchable

Just touching on how informative Shawn is, there’s only one channel I know that does it better and that’s Adventure Planet. His videos aren’t very frequent, but they are very informative. Like I say, he’s the only person I can think of who makes just as much of an effort to make sure his videos are of quality and not just “wOo tImE fOr SmIlEr 🤪🤪. Another thing that irritates me about outrage YouTubers is the amount of midroll adverts. I know this is how they make some money, and Shawn does have them, but there’s a certain popular YouTuber that mostly has adverts under a minute, and can have as many a four times in 10 minutes. Makes the videos totally unwatchable
(*cough* Ad Block Plus *cough* stops all adverts everywhere on YouTube). You can turn it off as and when you want to, so allowing adverts for those vloggers you want to support

I don’t mind Andy Rumney’s vlogs too much, they are ok but my word, he doesn’t half squeal a lot when filming his on-ride POV’s.
I had to stop watching Coaster Crazy some years ago as it was wildly depressing - Andy riffing for extended periods about the problems he’d had with technical issues, his camera not working properly or other things not going to plan…it was always very downbeat compared with Shawn’s ever-positive demeanour.

As for other vloggers being jealous of Shawn’s success/parks handing him free tickets, it’s pure green-eyed monsterism - he’s put in the graft, he has the huge audience the parks want and he certainly doesn’t make him sycophantic…I watched a video the other day where he got free entry then minutes later was (politely) criticising their poor operations.

All power to the bloke.

I think where Andy struggles is he likes to keep the camera rolling then feels under pressure (possibly subconsciously) to fill the airtime so grumbles and says random / the same things over and over again. You have the other extreme with coaster studios vlogs where they jump around quite a bit and it all feels quite shouty and packed in with people talking fast competing for the camera. Not saying there is a right or wrong, different people will be drawn to different styles. Deffo some channels have nailed the sweet spot though.

I think where Andy struggles is he likes to keep the camera rolling then feels under pressure (possibly subconsciously) to fill the airtime so grumbles and says random / the same things over and over again. You have the other extreme with coaster studios vlogs where they jump around quite a bit and it all feels quite shouty and packed in with people talking fast competing for the camera. Not saying there is a right or wrong, different people will be drawn to different styles. Deffo some channels have nailed the sweet spot though.
The constant whinging of this channel makes it unwatchable. The last video I tried to watch was Flamingo Land and couldn’t, Shawn keeps it professional, but can critique without going too far, such as the Barry Island vlog from this year

I think its the editing from Shawn improved the most. Like years ago he film everyone eating and Chatting now he shows what his eating and Charlotte if she’s with him and then give a quick review afterwards while his queuing for another coaster.
Like in his vlogs before he would do repeat visits to Alton Towers and they will be no different but now he still goes but he will only record if something major is happening and if there’s a new event on just focus on that.