• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

For those who missed the “big announcement” TPW have been teasing for weeks, no babies or marriage:

- Charlotte has given up her day job and is joining the channel full-time so Shawn doesn’t have to vlog on his own; there was also a hint of an Australia trip at the start of 2023
- Shawn’s finally moving out of his parents and has bought a house with Charlotte, where all the theme park memorabilia will move to, with an ambition in the “long term” to make it a public museum
- The second AdventureShawn channel is being renamed to cover the house move and general “couple” content

Yes fair play. I wish them all the best.

The only thing I fear is they seem to currently only have a single main income stream. YouTube advertisements. Unless I have missed something?

Having all your eggs in one basket can be and has been a dangerous strategy for the long term success of channels. YouTube have and continue to modify algorithms that has and does impact channels both for good and bad. This ebb and flow will continue.

Given that, I would like to see them diversify their income, purely so that the long term success of the channel is more solidified and guaranteed for decades to come.

Many ways to do this, sponsorship, baked adverts and merchandise being three particularly lucrative ways when you have a decent following.

Having your balls solely in the vice of the big red is something most large Youtube channels do not do now, for the above mentioned reasons. This issue becomes even more relevant when you have staff on the payroll. I am sure Shawn reads this forum and no doubt is aware of these potential issues.

I wish them both, the very best. Congratulations are also in order.

They are doing really well for themselves - must be raking it in if she can quit her work.

Fair play, though - genuine couple and always enjoy a natter.
I watched the live broadcast (how sad am I), and they must have made about a grand in donations in 45 minutes.

I really don't get that at all. Why would you randomly give someone money for no reason. There were quite a few £20's going through !!

Crazy, but good luck to them if people are daft enough to do it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Crazy, but good luck to them if people are daft enough to do it.

Those who are "daft" enough to do it, are usually the ones who become the most successful.

I prefer the word brave than daft, but if history *time and time again* is anything to go by, some of the most successful people on this planet are successful because they had the courage to go against the grain and do something they love.

Now I am not for one minute suggesting they will be the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. But the point I am making is true on every level.

Half the reason someone gets success in life is because they were "daft" enough to believe in something and roll with it.

Even at this stage, they have a large following. That is a large potential to grow and build your success into greater success. The ground work has already been laid for them over the last decade.

Those who are "daft" enough to do it, are usually the ones who become the most successful.

I prefer the word brave than daft, but if history *time and time again* is anything to go by, some of the most successful people on this planet are successful because they had the courage to go against the grain and do something they love.

Now I am not for one minute suggesting they will be the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. But the point I am making is true on every level.

Half the reason someone gets success in life is because they were "daft" enough to believe in something.
I mean't the people daft enough to randomly send them money for no apparent reason.

Shaun and Charlotte are not daft at all.

I mean't the people daft enough to randomly send them money for no apparent reason.

Oh I get you. I have a habit of mis interpreting things recently. I apologise.

Maybe to them, the viewers, that is a small way of showing their appreciation for a couple who have more than likely given them alot of enjoyment and entertainment through their videos.

It’s not really so different to things like Patreon. If someone has enjoyed watching many hours of TPWW content during the year then it’s no problem to send them a tenner to say thank you and to show appreciation for their videos, just think of it like buying someone a couple of beers.

just think of it like buying someone a couple of beers.

As a Yorkshireman I have spent my life avoiding buying people a couple of beers

Seems bonkers to me but if Shaun can stand there and make £1000 in 45 minutes of rambling then good luck to him.

I do watch quite a few of his videos so I am already indirectly giving him money via the advertising revenue.

Don't want to be critical but I find the ones he does on his own are much more professional. Looks like Charlotte will be in more from now on so I hope she gets more of a role in them than just repeating what Shaun says, which she seems to do a lot.

Sorry but did I miss something here? Reading this thread it seems like Shawn made a video proclaiming he was now minted and then appealed for people to donate cash to him for the hell of it?

I haven't watched the video by the way. Is this like one of those conversations you walk in on half way through?

Sorry but did I miss something here? Reading this thread it seems like Shawn made a video proclaiming he was now minted and then appealed for people to donate cash to him for the hell of it?

I haven't watched the video by the way. Is this like one of those conversations you walk in on half way through?
I am no YouTube expert but during live streams people can donate money directly to the channel in something called a SuperChat.

If you enable the chat while watching the stream then you can see when people donate as it comes through on the chat. What usually happens then is whoever is hosting the video (Shaun and Charlotte in this case) will personally thank them and give them a shout out.

I am not criticising Shaun or Charlotte at all. If you can make money out of it then why not.

Ok I think we've now established the gist of how a Youtuber makes money. If we could now get back onto discussing the content that's produced by TPW rather than getting into more chat about their own personal lives or how they operate their business. Thanks.