• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

He111epard

TS Member
Hello after following theme park worldwides channel for two years.
I'm wondering where the sudden heavy promotion of Blackpool has come from?.
Does anyone know if he has an endorsement deal. The channel is normally unbiased.

Not really surprising when Blackpool are building a major coaster, that is probably coaster wise the biggest, alongside Wicker Man, since the smiler 5 years ago

^ That, but also no other domestic park is 'properly' open at this time of year, therefore if you need to visit parks for the core of your content, I guess you're kind of limited.

Defending TPW, never thought I'd be doing that o_O

Yup, just that, though he doesn't work for Merlin anymore.
There are only so many parks you can go to in February.

There's always foreign parks... Shawn's just come back from DLP.

...and there is a tpw appreciation thread locked up within this site it you use the search tab.
Sorry, not clever enough to link it.
Or use a camera.

That was an...interesting read.
Maybe we can get this one down to 5 pages before the total civic collapse sets in!

There are several subjects that nearly always lock threads. Religion, politics and talking about other fan sites.

Sadly this is the internet and everyone has to pick a side. There is no room for annologue, all opinions must be binary :p

To completely go against that statement; I’ve watched a few videos from Theme Park Worldwide and while they aren’t really my thing I have no issue with someone having fun doing what they love and wanting to tell the world about it.

TPWW is a guilty pleasure of mine, as many of us here have known in some form Shaun for years, it is nice to see him doing so well. A lot of his stuff reminds me of what we were like back in 2005 - 10(ish) indeed it's nice to see references to our escapades back then in some of the videos such as BENCH and The KFC Mega wave.

He really is quite naive and I think the channel could do a bit more to educate people culture wise especially with the trips to china and Dubai but I realise it's not about that but they do claim to be about that which frustrates me. I kind of want to give him a little shake from time to time but then also admire in away the ability to gloss over certain issues (corporations, human rights etc) and just enjoy the parks for what they are.

Aside (think I mentioned this in that other thread) from that Character wise I think they have pretty much nailed it with these videos, they have a good team of characters that really add to he viewing experience, I just wish they would complete the lineup and make friends with DEAN!

Last edited:
'Vlog culture' is something that's almost passed me by entirely, so I can't say I spend too much time watching TPW, or any other channel. Indeed, some of them are just chronically terrible, although a part of me likes that 'stars' have been made of the most unlikely sorts... Nonetheless, Shaun, for his faults, is just instantly likeable and a pragmatic sort.

As above, TPW is absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine :cool:

Even all the drama side of it like the Blackpool kick off on opening weekend - it's like my EastEnders.

A lot of their videos reignited my inner enthusiast after getting bored of it all for a few years.

It's all very cringey but it's clear Shawn is well aware of this and fair play to him for not giving a toss what anyone thinks. In fact he seems to embrace it.

I do also however equally enjoy the Moss Machine's videos. A top drawer wind up merchant.

I absolutely love Shawn's videos and am a massive fan of his channel! His Vlogs are quite unlike anyone else's on YouTube for a reason I can't quite put my finger on, and TPW Weekly is a good way to keep up with theme park news. I also find Shawn's Vlogs quite interesting to watch because they give quite an in-depth insight into a park without you actually needing to visit, which is useful for me as I can't really visit that many foreign theme parks! Also, his Travel Vlogs are useful for if you want to know how to get somewhere.

Shawn is an Irish spelling, the meaning being "Gift from God".
As it is snowing, I will play snowflake here.
Hey JB1985, I hope you are not exhibiting anti Irish prejudice here, I am mortally offended, both for Shawn and the whole island of Ireland.
Will that do?