• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

Well, it's obvious they are cringey, and yes, the 12 year old batallions that follow him around just put me off watching more than 2 minutes, but I have nothing against the guy as a person, and it's all down to the individual, if you enjoy his videos, nothing wrong with that at all, if you don't, same thing.
As for youtube, I miss the days before all this vlogging and celebrity worshiping was going on, where we had the star rating system for videos, where you had friends lists and the whole 'sub for a sub, ty' still went on, and where content creators were random people who despite not having the best editing tech, made some pretty amazing and humorous stuff. Take us back to the days where 'This is Sparta techno mix', Youtube poops and 'Tehnoobshow' were the best things around :)

I think Shawn cool and reminds me of 12 years ago when I met up on the uk tour with theme park review. Rob in his 40's now and still acts like a teen.
I hope to start up a Drayton Manor vlog this year on YouTube after Facebook removed my Draytonmanorplus page.
I plan on meeting up with Shawn at Drayton Manor and some of the guys who go on the trips with him also work at Drayton Manor.

I setup a page from my previous website/forum name of Draytonmanorplus. Been a Drayton Manor season pass holder I went there quite a lot with my 5 year old daughter and I did major updates on every visit and put them on this page I created. I had so many friend requests but after a couple of months I got a email off Facebook that I had to change my page to my real name as Draytonmanorplus wasn't allowed. I emailed them back saying it was a fans Drayton Manor page but they blocked my page to I change it to my real name and cause I already got a page in my real name there's nothing I can do.

Are you sure you set it up as a page and not as a new profile? As it sounds like that may be the case. You choose the category for a page and can customise every aspect, I doubt they would ask you to change your name on a page. On a profile however it is mandatory to have a real name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: I should clarify that I have nothing against the channel or Sanbrooke, this just answers the question of why a shop walkthrough has 5000 views.

Last edited:
I quite like Shawn even if I don't particularly like all the content he puts on his channel. He's a genuinely nice person who shares a passion that I do so it's only natural to be intrigued. It's also a bonus that he's not 16 like every other Theme Park vlogger seems to be and says that everything is "sick".

I think what differentiates him from the other people trying to do the same thing (but less successfully) is his positive attitude in 99% of his visits and also he's much more aware of little improvements parks make that many other vloggers don't notice I find. I think that's why more people relate to him than others.

I would love to know where he gets the dosh though. A youtube channel with circa 100,000 subbies doesn't generate that much income and he had a minimum wage seasonal job until very recently too. Even living at home not paying rent bills and saving up all his cash he seems to get everywhere nearly every day off he gets. I'd love a magic Money tree too.

TPWW videos reignited my love of Theme Parks during a difficult period of my life. I went back to Towers for the first time in fifteen years, solely because if Shaun's vlogs.

God I bet you couldn't believe the difference between your visit 15 years prior and that first one back.

Shawn definitely does have a way of promoting parks you can't deny it. I have visited 1 or 2 parks in Europe on the back of his vlogs and pleased I did too.

It wouldn't shock me to find out if he's even paid now to visit some places and put a good review on his channel. It's cheap advertising for the parks and they can guarantee to see an increase in gate figures if Shawn gives them a huge amount of praise. I think he's definitely had a link up with Paultons. He seems very friendly with the owners there for sure.

All the best to him I say.

I quite like Shawn even if I don't particularly like all the content he puts on his channel. He's a genuinely nice person who shares a passion that I do so it's only natural to be intrigued. It's also a bonus that he's not 16 like every other Theme Park vlogger seems to be and says that everything is "sick".

I think what differentiates him from the other people trying to do the same thing (but less successfully) is his positive attitude in 99% of his visits and also he's much more aware of little improvements parks make that many other vloggers don't notice I find. I think that's why more people relate to him than others.

I would love to know where he gets the dosh though. A youtube channel with circa 100,000 subbies doesn't generate that much income and he had a minimum wage seasonal job until very recently too. Even living at home not paying rent bills and saving up all his cash he seems to get everywhere nearly every day off he gets. I'd love a magic Money tree too.

I've never seen him flashing off a car of his, so that will mean a fair stash stays in his bank account every month (consider the cost of car, insurance petrol and stuff you pay). I'm 98% sure we would have seen a roll-through of his new motor if there ever was one. Probably used to get a lift to Towers or bus (not even sure if he still works at Towers or not etc). Not a great cost either way. I'm absolutely guessing here, but he probably got his Towers wages plus a bit from TPW (maybe more than a bit possibly?). If he's no longer at Towers I'm sure he'll need to be getting a local job (not sure what level; is he qualified in anything?) or will have to ship out to his mate Mandy or something in Blackpool. This would mean that he has to spend all of his money on accomodation and stuff though. Can't see any money left for worldwide theme parking that way. Unless he does just get bankrolled or something. Maybe he had a nice inheritance? Nothing to do with us though really.

See the thing is, when it comes to other people's financial situation, poor, rich or otherwise, it's none of our business. Who cares how he pays for his trips?

btw if you don't like TPW, (I quite like it for the record) you might enjoy this podcast (I had no idea the amount of drama in the 'Theme Park Vlogging' community' that they talk about in it.)

He was there the other week, didn't @RoyJess post a pic with him?

There's a saying that I won't go into (because it's not relevant), but basically we know nothing of his life, for all we know his family could be loaded and he lives the dream life and working at the park is just pocket money for him, or he works every hour God sends (to quote a saying), either way it's none of our business.

Of course if he turns out to be the next Vic Lee, I'm gonna laugh my arse off.

God I bet you couldn't believe the difference between your visit 15 years prior and that first one back.

Shawn definitely does have a way of promoting parks you can't deny it. I have visited 1 or 2 parks in Europe on the back of his vlogs and pleased I did too.

It wouldn't shock me to find out if he's even paid now to visit some places and put a good review on his channel. It's cheap advertising for the parks and they can guarantee to see an increase in gate figures if Shawn gives them a huge amount of praise. I think he's definitely had a link up with Paultons. He seems very friendly with the owners there for sure.

All the best to him I say.

I've visited twice this season, first was opening day when snow and wind meant nothing was open. Came back the following Tuesday, everything was open - apart from Rapids, Skyride and Hex, and no queues. And Wicker Man soft opened on the same day, so was lucky

I've visited twice this season, first was opening day when snow and wind meant nothing was open. Came back the following Tuesday, everything was open - apart from Rapids, Skyride and Hex, and no queues. And Wicker Man soft opened on the same day, so was lucky

Yea I was there on the Tuesday. I was one of those daft ones who queued from 12 for WM. :)

See the thing is, when it comes to other people's financial situation, poor, rich or otherwise, it's none of our business. Who cares how he pays for his trips?

btw if you don't like TPW, (I quite like it for the record) you might enjoy this podcast (I had no idea the amount of drama in the 'Theme Park Vlogging' community' that they talk about in it.)

His channel seems to be a way to mock other people's content, in particular Shawn's.

What a fulfilling life he must lead. Sounds like he's a bit jealous and bitter to me and a bit of a keyboard warrior.

Yea I was there on the Tuesday. I was one of those daft ones who queued from 12 for WM. :)
I joined the queue when i saw a test train going around, it was a long wait, but worth it. Everything else, Smiler excepted, was walk on that day.

I'm going back again soon, but will only go on a quiet day when the weather looks alright.

His channel seems to be a way to mock other people's content, in particular Shawn's.

What a fulfilling life he must lead. Sounds like he's a bit jealous and bitter to me and a bit of a keyboard warrior.
I don't think he has an issue with Shawn to be honest. I think he says half of the stuff he does to get a rise out of TPW superfans, and get a rise he certainly does!

I'm pretty sure he's said before he actually thinks Shawn's content is decent, and he'll only take the piss if you take him on. Think most of his issues have been with Andy and Lisa from Coaster Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So his purpose is to get a rise out of the fans of the channel? Wow he must be sadder than I thought then.

Why not contribute to the online community with something useful and interesting rather than a form of bullying and mockery? I do worry about the kind of people who like that sort of thing. Far worse than the TPW superfans for me.